Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The Prototype Lab Lead is responsible for taking 3D CAD part files, exporting them and setting them up for 3D prints, CNC machining, ensuring a quality part back to the design engineer(s), including post processing to insure the part fitment. The Prototype Lab Lead will also be responsible for maintenance and repair of our current tools and machines and will also work towards expanding our prototyping capabilities and pushing our abilities to get a part from 3D CAD to hand faster and with higher quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Operates all FDM and SLA 3D printers, 3 axis CNC and lab machines
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of all machines
- Manages refinement of our Slicer and CAM profiles
- Removes all printed material from 3D printers and preps for the design engineer(s)
- Documents and implements best practices
- Responsible for lab upkeep, organization and cleaning
- Assists with product development prototype builds
- Stays abreast of the latest and greatest prototyping technologies
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
- Conducts inventory and stocks consumables and materials including but not limited to Filament, Resin, Replacement parts, Fasteners, etc.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma
- 2-3 years experience operating 3-D Printers
- Experience with hand tools and basic machines
- Basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of how machines operate: gears, pulleys, levers
- Maker experience utilizing rapid prototyping equipment
- 1 year minimum experience with any 3D CAD package (testing required)
- Experience with CAM software for both 2D and 3D objects
- Experience with 3D designing parts for printers and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM EST
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Team Members and colleagues
- Comfortable with office pets (dogs, cats)
Not Required but Nice to Have!
- Not required to have pets but highly recommended!
- Operates 3D printers or CNC machines at home
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.