The Loan Operations Analyst’s primary focus will be the management of a portfolio of loan transactions. We are seeking an organized and detailed oriented loan closer / servicer to join our growing operations team who should be able to work independently with an understanding of commercial lending terminology. This is a hybrid position working 2-3 days a week from our Chicago office.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Review legal documents and extract relevant information
- Set up and maintain assets for various funds in Wall Street Office
- Manage a portfolio of deals
- Post customer advances, payments and loan contract continuances and complete all daily work in timely and accurate manner
- Enter wires to settle with participants and funding partners while ensuring that all members remain in sync
- Invoice clients and create system notifications of activity
- Provide excellent customer service by keeping required parties apprised of loan activity
- Assist with the closing, funding and booking of new deal transactions
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding loan balances, interest, fees and expenses and respond to ad-hoc requests
- Proactively identify loan performance concerns and communicate these to the portfolio management team
- Perform daily cash reconciliation
- Assist the Accounting Department with questions regarding reconciliation of cash and loan position activity
- Special projects upon request
- 1+ years of experience in banking/financial field
- Strong work ethic
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with numerous constituents at various levels
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently and conscientiously
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office products
- Ability to multi-task, balancing many responsibilities simultaneously
- Familiarity with the Wall Street Office loan system and proficiency in processing a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Monroe Capital LLC
Monroe Capital LLC (“Monroe”) is a premier boutique asset management firm specializing in private credit markets across various strategies, including direct lending, asset-based lending, specialty finance, opportunistic and structured credit, and equity. Since 2004, the firm has been successfully providing capital solutions to clients in the U.S. and Canada. Monroe prides itself on being a value-added and user-friendly partner to business owners, management, and both private equity and independent sponsors. Monroe’s platform offers a wide variety of investment products for both institutional and high net worth investors with a focus on generating high quality “alpha” returns irrespective of business or economic cycles. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and maintains offices in Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Naples, New York, San Francisco, and Seoul.
Monroe has been recognized by both its peers and investors with various awards including Private Debt Investor as the 2022 Lower Mid-Market Lender of the Year, 2022 CLO Manager of the Year, Americas; Global M&A Network as the 2022 Small Mid-Markets Lender of the Year, Americas; Creditflux as the 2021 Best U.S. Direct Lending Fund; and Pension Bridge as the 2020 Private Credit Strategy of the Year. For more information and important disclaimers, please visit www.monroecap.com.