Executive Coordinator for Human Resources, Building Operations & Guest Services
Position: Regular, Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Department: Human Resources, Building Operations & Guest Services (HRBOGS)
Reports to: VP, Human Resources & VP, Building Operations and Guest Services/Executive Director, Suite 1300 Services
Revised: April 2023
Summary: The Executive Coordinator, Human Resources, Building Operations & Guest Services (ECHRBOGS) provides advanced executive-level administrative and project support to the Human Resources, Building Operations & Guest Services team.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
Executive Assistance and Coordination:
· Provide proactive, advanced, and confidential administrative support to the VP, HR and VP, BOGS to assist with the execution and management of administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, managing and maintaining contacts and calendars, coordinating internal and external meetings and follow up items, overseeing scheduling materials prep, agendas, invitees, conference or video calls, catering, and any external logistics including travel.
· Assist HR Coordinator with recruiting support, including job posting, communicating with potential recruits and those involved on the hiring team, establishing interview schedules, conducting background checks and references, etc.
· Use IntelliLink system to reconcile, prepare and submit accurate and timely expense reports (cash and credit card) for executives and HRBOGS team.
· Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of internal and external events and speaking engagements.
· Assist with the maintenance of the “HR Hub” on employee intranet, payroll/HR database and files, employee communications, OnBase documents, and information stored in MS Teams and other internal and external portals.
· Collect, open, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail/packages for HRBOGS team.
· Prepare thank you notes, purchase sympathy cards/flowers and gifts and process donations for special occasions as needed.
· Manage special projects and assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; identifying resources; handling internal and external communications; problem-solving and providing timely updates.
· Assist with the projects, processes and events associated with the administration of the nonprofit Suite 1300 Services, Inc., and the Neighborhood Connections program, as needed.
· Upon proper training of phone system, serve as back-up to main receptionist as needed.
· Support and contribute to the strategic priorities and goal achievement for the HRBOGS team.
· Support ensuring that the foundation offers an inclusive, welcoming environment for all staff and guests through exceptional service.
· Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with administrative assistants and other foundation colleagues, with an emphasis on delivering positive customer service on a consistent basis.
· Represent HR team on committees as appropriate.
· Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
· A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a senior administrative or executive assistant role, including preparing high-level written communications and reports, project management and follow-up, and cross- departmental collaborations.
· Proven track record of independent judgment and decision-making in matters of a confidential and/or non-routine nature; ability to anticipate the needs of the executives.
· High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple assignments and activities simultaneously with a series of continuous deadlines while demonstrating excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility.
· Ability to take a proactive role in team efforts, promoting cooperation and collaboration among others internal and external to the organization. Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons and communities from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
· Commitment to racial equity and inclusion in all areas of work.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently put forth a positive and proactive professional approach to work, with an emphasis on exceptional service across and outside of the organization.
· Exceptional communication skills across all platforms with exceptionally strong writing acumen.
· Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom and exceptional internet research skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours including occasional early mornings or evenings when necessary.
· Familiarity with Cleveland’s nonprofit sector helpful.
· Notary Public certification a plus.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The Cleveland Foundation exists to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Greater Cleveland. The ability to carry out our mission and to foster our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion can best be pursued if our workforce, grantees, donors, partners, and governing body are inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives.
We believe that diversity encompasses, but is not limited to, age, color, education, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental abilities or characteristics, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and/or other characteristics that make an individual unique. The Cleveland Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities for all.
PEOPLE & CULTURE
Employees are not just employees at the foundation. They are thought partners and contributors that provide the passion, creativity and effort behind the success and impact we have with our partnerships and initiatives in the community. The foundation encourages collaboration and sharing within and across teams and has benefited from the innovative ideas and work that has resulted from this collaborative workplace mentality.
Each employee is valued for the expertise and experience (lived and learned) they bring to the foundation and encouraged to bring their genuine selves to their work. All employees understand and tie their work back to our mission, values and strategic direction and have been included in the decisions and design of many of our programs and strategies, including the design of our new headquarters building. Most importantly—they have fun at work!
To ensure that the ongoing ability to attract, engage and retain the most talented and diverse employees, the foundation has made it a priority to understand and support its internal community in every way. The comprehensive and regularly-evaluated array of programs and benefits offered are designed to ensure that every employee is cared for and has resources available with respect to physical, mental/emotional, financial, social, family and professional wellbeing.
Employees share with the foundation how they feel about the work culture, pay and benefits on an annual basis—and the foundation listens, shares and responds! As a result, and based on ongoing feedback, the foundation has been named a NorthCoast 99 Award winner 20 years running and a Plain Dealer Top 100 Workplaces Award winner ten years running.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
Based on the foundation's compensation program, estimated annual salary for this position may be anywhere between mid $40k's to high $50k’s with some flexibility, based on the academic, professional and community experiences and credentials of a candidate.
The foundation offers an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision, identity theft, and life and disability coverage, a comprehensive wellness program, an employee assistance program, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, ten paid holidays and, for nonexempt positions, 10 days of vacation and 12 sick days, prorated the first year of service based on date of hire.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until on or around May 19. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Note: Our flexible workplace policy provides for one day of remote work per week.