Allovue believes every student deserves access to the resources they need to be successful in school. Our education resource planning software empowers K–12 administrators at every level to allocate resources to best support the needs of their students. We seek people who are creative, funny, humble, flexible, motivated, and collaborative problem-solvers. We love and respect our team members. We also love silly GIFs.
We’re looking for a product designer to help create a world-class product. You’ll be a crucial part of product design and ideation and use your expertise in visual design and user experience to make our product something people love to use.
This will include:
- Designing the UI and honing the UX of a core pillar of Allovue’s software platform.
- Focused design tasks structured around quarterly product feature goals.
- Creating and iterating on product designs in Figma.
- Collaborating with our design team, product managers, and developers to find the best solutions to tricky problems and constraints.
- Having a direct hand in shaping product design around those constraints; You will have a direct effect on what form requested features take as they make it into the product.
- Reviewing Pull Requests for design consistency and accuracy before they are merged.
- Making improvements and expanding our design system.
- Proactively asking for assistance and critique.
What you can expect:
- Weekly design team review which provides an opportunity to get feedback and critique on your work and to provide the same for your colleagues.
- Weekly one-on-one with the director of design that focuses on your workload and your professional development.
- A collaborative, encouraging, safe environment to work, design, experiment, ask questions, and learn. We communicate through Slack and Zoom video calls.
- Attending company-wide two-day conferences, two are virtual and one is in-person. In-person attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Be a humble, kind, and patient person.
- 2+ years experience designing web apps or software.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a strong understanding of good UX principles. Please include a URL to your portfolio site in your materials.
- Proficiency in working with remote colleagues and communicating across Pacific, Central, and Eastern time zones.
- Experience using Sketch/Figma or the interest and ability to learn.
We strive to be a patient, inclusive, and supportive team and company. We hope that every addition to the team brings us a different background and perspective. As a company, we value collaboration, simplicity, initiative, judgment, and urgency.
As a team, we prefer convention over configuration. Clarity over cleverness. We believe that slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Oh, and we average fewer than 3 on-call emergencies per year.