AFG is seeking highly driven and knowledgeable Research Analyst to collaborate and support the Research Team in all aspects of investment analysis, reporting, and documentation, primarily focusing on mutual funds. The Research Analyst will conduct research and analysis and participate in the selection, monitoring, and the due diligence of investment managers. This position is part of an experienced and knowledgeable team that prides itself on consistently exceeding client expectations.
This role will enjoy a hybrid schedule. Once fully trained this position will spend three days a week in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office.
A typical day will include a mix of the following duties and responsibilities:
Investment Manager Research:
- Serve as a generalist assisting the Research Team in the due diligence of new and existing investment managers.
- Participate in all aspects of the research process, including generating quantitative scores for mutual funds and ETFs and interpreting the data based on both quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual macroeconomic and fund exhibits for use internally and in client reports.
- Produce ad-hoc requests in a clear and timely fashion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required to professionally present ideas to the Research Team and communicate the team’s thoughts to financial advisors and their planning teams.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation abilities are preferred (Excel, Power Query, VBA). Coding abilities are a plus.
- Assist in developing a database to track the long-term quantitative scores of mutual funds.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and present them in a concise manner.
- Schedule meetings with mutual fund wholesalers and portfolio managers for the Research Team and/or lunch meetings for the financial advisors and planning teams.
- Document meeting notes into OneNote.
You might be a great match if you have:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university is required. Two or more years of experience in an investment manager research role is preferred.
- Candidates who have passed CFA Level I are preferred for this position. Earning the CFA Designation is required after hiring.
- A strong attention to detail mindset with a focus on accuracy, initiative, and follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present thoughts and ideas.
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills, with specific focus on Excel. Must have previous experience on creating and modifying spreadsheet formulas and macros.
What AFG Offers:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical (2 plan options), dental, vision, core and buy-up life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage and company funded flexible spending accounts.
- Generous paid time off program.
- A best-in-class 401K plan with online planning and reporting tools.
- Wellness program with additional time off rewards.
- Easily accessible office with free parking for onsite days.
Allegheny Financial Group, LTD is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm that offers clients guidance in every aspect of their financial life, including financial planning, portfolio management, market analysis, risk management, and business and estate planning. As a firm that pioneered financial planning in Pittsburgh, Allegheny has earned clients' trust for over 45 years with a high degree of personal attention combined with specialized knowledge, an integrated team-based approach, and first-class market research. For more information, go to Allegheny Financial Group