The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating and implementing the marketing strategy and managing campaigns to help Latino Community Credit Union (LCCU) and its related organizations, currently Latino Community Development Center (LCDC), reach their business objectives. This includes leading initiatives to enhance LCCU and LCDC's market presence, branding, and product education.
- Create and implement marketing plan that aligns with business objectives, including defining key messaging and positioning, allocation of marketing resources across different channels, and setting measurable objectives to track the success of campaigns.
- Oversee the management of the organizations’ promotion, marketing, public relations and communications, branding, website, and social media functions.
- Lead brand, marketing, and communication initiatives including setting goals, setting metrics, and managing teams through training, mentorship, hiring, and performance management.
- Develop and implement comprehensive programs to publicize the organizations; create the budget for these programs and ensure compliance.
- Develop evaluation plan to assess efficacy and impact of the marketing plan and individual campaign performance through marketing databases and CRM systems to ensure return on investment and best use of organizational resources.
- Ensure all materials present a clear unified and positive image for the organizations while adhering to our corporate brand standards; work with teams across the organizations to present a coherent message.
- Plan, prepare and distribute original promotional content including news and press releases, emails, social media posts and other digital marketing.
- Provide consistent, clear, and timely information to employees and members through various communication avenues.
- Establish and improve departmental processes and policies that are compliant, efficient, while clarifying roles, responsibilities, handoffs, and remove constraints to improve speed to market.
- Ensure compliance for data privacy, company and industry regulations that pertain to marketing.
- Oversee strategic agency and vendor relationships to ensure strong working relationships with key vendors, outside services, professional organizations, and trade organizations.
- Support and participate in member community activities, member relations and events that promote member-centric experiences. Participate in planning and organizing special events as needed to promote the organizations and their impact.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred), in a relevant field.
- Seven years of progressive experience in Marketing and/or Communications.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish.
- Demonstrable experience growing multi-cultural segments.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff across diverse functions. Strong organizational skills.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner. Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive member, team member, and other corporate information.
- Thorough understanding of financial services industry, preferably including credit union/banking products and services.
- Experience with SEO, SEM, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Social Media Platforms and Website CMS (WordPress preferred).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified.
Benefits: We provide a challenging and friendly work environment as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including an employer-paid medical insurance plan, 401(k) plan (with a substantial company match), employer paid life and disability plan and generous paid time off to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Latino Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.