Your future starts here.
DUBUQUE OR DAVENPORT, IOWA
Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land survey. We deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance and expand our staff to better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a full-time Senior Architect who will be a project leader for health care, education, commercial, institutional, and industrial projects. The position will be based out of our Dubuque or Davenport office. Remote work opportunities may also be available.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
Project Delivery Responsibilities
- Serve as project manager for large and complex projects.
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts for professional services.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Defines and fulfills the project programmatic requirements with an architectural design solution consistent with the firm's design philosophy and client’s needs.
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of bidding documents.
- Attends bid openings and assists in bid review.
- Oversee construction administration, including submittal reviews, responses to RFI’s, payment requests, perform site visits, and prepare punch lists.
- Serves as primary client manager to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction for multiple clients. Manages client relationship strategies.
- Assist with marketing and business development efforts to expand business.
- Architect of Record. Responsible for finished plans, specifications, or approval of materials and construction.
- Research and interpret applicable codes and regulations and verify that materials and details of construction are in conformance with codes and regulations.
- Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
- Oversee production of construction drawings, exhibits, and reports.
- Provide design input and supervises development of construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Direct and mentor architectural staff in performing design tasks and developing architectural drawings.
- Prepares specification front ends.
- Conduct peer reviews of concepts, alternatives, drawings, etc.
- Oversees preparation of estimates of probable construction costs.
- Coordinate and review work of civil, structural, MEP, and other consultants.
- Keeps current on “state of the art” in design specialty through review of periodicals and continuing education.
- Responsible for coordination and completion of addendum documents.
- Builds the professional practice of the firm and enhances its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
- Has established network of contacts within the community including clients, professionals, officials, consultants, decision makers, etc.
- Routinely interacts with organization leaders, clients, customers, officials, and others.
- Participate in technical and professional societies.
- Serves on local, state, and national planning or policy boards.
- Motivates and develops architectural staff.
- Iowa Registered Architect.
- 20 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in one or more of health care, education (K-12 and higher), commercial, institutional, and industrial projects.
- Experienced with contractor coordination and various construction processes such as fast-track, CM, design/build, and traditional.
- Advanced knowledge of technical specifications and general conditions.
- Working knowledge of Revit and Sketchup.
- Possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Work-life balance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- ESOP Employee Ownership.
- Strong health care plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- 401k program with employer match.
- Full Employee Assistance Program.
- Gym membership for you and your spouse.
- Health Savings Account with employer match.
- Continuing education.
- Tuition assistance.
- Relocation assistance.
Origin Design is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.