Your future starts here.
Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land survey. We deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance our staff and better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a full-time Water/Wastewater Civil Engineer that will be a project leader serving municipal and industrial clients. This position will be a project manager and designer for wastewater treatment infrastructure and facilities including mechanical wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, sanitary collection systems, lagoons, and disinfection; and water supply infrastructure including wells, ground and elevated storage tanks, pumping facilities, treatment facilities, and water distribution systems. The position will be based out of our Dubuque or Davenport location.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
- Serve as Engineer of Record.
- Serve as project manager and maintain staff and client communications.
- Act as client manager which includes meeting with clients to define scope of work, prepare engineering agreements and contracts, represent Origin Design at public meetings, and attend project meetings.
- Build the professional practice of the firm and enhance its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
- Assist with business development and marketing and represent Origin Design at interviews, meetings, etc.
- Develop proposals and statements of qualifications for prospective projects.
- Organize project teams and direct staff engineers, technicians, and administrative staff on project related tasks.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Recognize and manage project priorities.
- Oversee permitting and regulatory requirements such as Department of Transportation, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Natural Resources, Corps of Engineers, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife permitting requirements.
- Oversee development of design criteria, calculations, and documentation.
- Prepare and review studies, reports, and cost estimates.
- Prepare, review, and modify plans and specifications for environmental and municipal engineering projects.
- Maintain knowledge of developing and current technology and practices related to the engineering profession.
- Maintain familiarity with AWWA, 10 States Standards, and Design Standards publications from the Iowa and Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and the Illinois EPA.
- Mentor, coach, and inform technical staff of knowledge and methods specific to the engineering profession.
- Peer review work of other engineers.
- Oversee construction administration including coordination with contractors and inspectors, requests for information, site observations, pay applications, and submittal reviews.
- Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer possessing a Bachelor of Science Degree in environmental engineering or civil engineering with an emphasis in water and wastewater.
- 8 or more years of practical experience in design of water and wastewater systems.
- Current Licensure as a Professional Engineer with the capability of obtaining State of Iowa licensure by applying by comity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in writing and reviewing proposals, overseeing revenue, managing staff and project work load, and business development preferred.
- Experience and expertise in the following areas is desired:
- Design of water supply infrastructure including water distribution systems, wells, ground and elevated storage tanks, pumping facilities, and treatment facilities.
- Design of wastewater treatment infrastructure including sanitary collection systems, lagoons, mechanical treatment facilities, lift stations, and disinfection.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Strong problem solving, organization skills, and mathematical abilities.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Work-life balance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- ESOP Employee Ownership.
- Strong health care plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- 401k program with employer match.
- Full Employee Assistance Program.
- Gym membership for you and your spouse.
- Health Savings Account with employer match.
- Continuing education.
- Tuition assistance.
- Relocation assistance.
Origin Design is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.