At PURIS, we are at the forefront of the plant-based food movement, dedicated to the health of our planet and its inhabitants through our high-quality ingredients and innovation. We are seeking a controller to lead our current team and strengthen our finance processes.
The controller position is accountable for the day-to-day accounting and finance operations of the PURIS Grains business. The Controller must understand and manage cash flows of the business, calculate and post month end general journal entries, reconcile and value inventory, balance general ledger accounts, and complete and present monthly financials. The Controller leads the team the manages the daily position records for all Puris Grains commodities as well as ensuring that grower settlement sheets for all commodities are prepared, calculated, and paid per grain dealer license requirements and grower contracts. Other responsibilities include maintaining all appropriate licenses including grain dealer licenses and seed permits, facilitating 3rd party audits (tax, bank, and grain), and other items as needed to support the financial needs of the business.
PURIS offers competitive wages, our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life, and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
A Controller must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Lead the accounting operations, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are entered and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are invoiced and collected promptly
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Ensure all month end transactions are complete and accurate.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Compile timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Provide weekly cash position reporting
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Comply with all Grain Warehouse Bureau requirements
- Calculate monthly bank covenants
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or management role
- Proven experience in managing financial operations, including developing policies and procedures, managing budgets, and overseeing accounting transactions
Experience in financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting
- Experience in managing external audits and tax preparation
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and accounting software
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.