Process Engineer/Continuous Improvement
Howard Lake, MN • Engineering
The Process Improvement Engineer is responsible for the implementation of lean manufacturing principles to improve productivity and capacity requirements of the manufacturing operations.
- Initiate, lead, and implement productivity and capacity improvement projects that deliver measurable results.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Utilize plant metrics and data to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Lead cross functional process improvement teams.
- Train and influence others on lean manufacturing principles.
- Provide the momentum for and supports 5S implementation. Teaches: It educates and coaches employees. Sets the bar: sets 5S standards across the company and coaches along the way. Provides checks and balances: 5S audit activity.
- Conduct time studies, line balancing, line efficiency, OEE, etc.
- Focus to include: 3P (Production Preparedness Process) of both new and current product launches with fixture /process plans, quality/process improvements, targeted cost reductions, various lean initiatives, and other value stream optimization opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree Mechanical or Industrial Engineering plus 3+ years' experience in continuous improvement in an industrial setting or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 4+ years' experience in Manufacturing required.
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Voluntary benefits
- Employee discount