Board and Executive Support Manager
Regular, Full-time Position
Starting Salary Range: $22.72 - $26.73
** This position is Open Until Filled – Applications will be reviewed as they are received. For immediate consideration, apply soon!
Marion Polk Food Share is seeking a full-time Board and Executive Support Manager to join our team of passionate, caring and dedicated staff who support the Food Share’s mission: to bring people together to end hunger and its root causes.
The Board and Executive Support Manager contributes significantly to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Food Share by providing support to the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the Leadership Team.
We are looking for a candidate who has strong communication, organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills; enjoys providing excellent customer service; and is experienced at handling sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion. We also want a candidate who embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
At the Food Share, our commitment is to:
- Treat all people as our neighbor.
- Listen first and seek to understand.
- Focus on shared goals.
- Encourage creativity and be willing to take risks.
- Celebrate diversity, ensure dignity and act equitably.
Your responsibilities as the Board and Executive Support Manager will include:
1. Support for the CEO
- Organize the CEO’s meetings and ensure that the CEO and meeting attendees have advance information and materials.
- Keep track of the CEO’s tasks and provide support in bringing tasks to completion.
- Prepare draft communications for the CEO.
- Manage the CEO’s email.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and keep the CEO informed about upcoming appointments.
- Conduct special projects for the CEO.
- Conduct research for the CEO.
- Follow up on the CEO’s behalf with staff on project status.
- Attend internal meetings to express the CEO’s point of view and bring information back to the CEO.
- Serve on work groups as directed to advance company-wide projects.
- Support the CEO with administrative tasks such as managing receipts, voicemail, and travel arrangements.
- Assist the Vice President of Programs with coordination of managing calendar, scheduling meetings, and logistical support with annual and strategic plans
2. Support for the Board
- Prepare all materials, logistics, and communications to ensure successful Board meetings, committee meetings, and Board gatherings.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Board members.
- Coordinate Board members’ participation in Food Share events.
- Serve as the lead administrative staff for Board committees as directed. Currently this includes the Board Engagement Committee and the Advocacy Committee.
- Support the Board Chair, Board Secretary, and committee chairs in fulfilling their Food Share responsibilities.
- Ensure Board meeting minutes and other official documents are taken, signed, and recorded properly.
- Organize and manage the electronic files supporting the Board of Directors and Board committees.
3. Support for the Leadership Team
- Assist with Leadership Team agenda planning and prepare all materials, logistics, and communications to ensure successful Leadership Team meetings.
- Keep records of Leadership Team meeting conversations, decisions, and actions.
- Coordinate and support the Leadership Team’s submission of materials to the Board of Directors.
- Provide support and project status updates for the Leadership Team.
- Support the Leadership Team’s use and understanding of Microsoft Teams’ tools and apps.
- Organize and manage the Leadership Team’s electronic files.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a variety of office environments and other locations inside and outside of the Food Share while using a telephone and sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. May lift, move and carry objects up to 40 pounds, such as boxes containing materials and other supplies. Will drive personal or company vehicle to run errands. Will occasionally work or travel out of the local area and work outside normal working hours, such as evenings and weekends.
Remote work may be available for this position. All remote work assignments begin, end, or change only with supervisory approval.
The Food Share provides essential services to our neighbors in Marion and Polk counties. As a result, all Food Share employees may be asked to report to work during local public health, weather, or other environmental emergencies.
More on Compensation:
The Food Share provides all employees with the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Earned vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement contributions
The employee in this regular, full-time position is also eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Contributions towards Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance for employee and dependents
- Employer paid Disability, Life Insurance, and AD&D Insurance
The strongest candidates for this position will have:
- Prior experience supporting a CEO or a high-level manager.
- Prior experience supporting a Board of Directors.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Teams and Planner.
- Prior experience preparing draft communications.
- Project management and project tracking experience.
All candidates will need:
- A commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to finalize reports, paying attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation.
- Willingness to learn and become very proficient in Microsoft 365, Teams, and Planner.
- Ability to handle information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to adapt to differing work styles.
- Ability to take an idea from creation to completion.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and quickly respond to shifting needs.
- An Oregon driver’s license and acceptable driving history for the last three years.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen (excluding THC) and full background check.