Are you experienced with PLC programming and adept at working with electrical diagrams and processing equipment? If so, PURIS is interested in discussing career opportunities with you!
PURIS is a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient, and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers. We're seeking an innovative individual to join our team as a Process Controls Engineer at our state-of-the-art facility.
In this role, you will collaborate with our internal teams, including maintenance, engineers, and electricians, to develop and deliver integrated automation solutions. You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the electrical system within the facility to ensure maximum output of the process system, using Predicative and Preventative maintenance activities to maintain good health of all electrical systems. You will also oversee the facility's production and admin networks, coordinating with third-party providers to ensure uninterrupted operation. Additionally, you will assist in the training of maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot VFD, electrical, and control issues and develop new control concepts as required.
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop and deliver integrated automation solutions.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and update the facility's PLC and HMI control systems, including logic and programming.
• Oversee the facility's production and admin networks, coordinating with third-party providers to ensure uninterrupted operation.
• Utilize preventive and predictive maintenance strategies to ensure process uptime.
• Assist in the training of maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot VFD, electrical, and control issues.
• Develop new control concepts as required.
• Utilize CMMS to accurately record work performed on a daily basis.
• Create documentation as needed, such as SOPs, job aids, and PM improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• A 2 or 4 year degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field; or 2-5 years of industrial experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting experience.
• A good working knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of VFDs, motors/wiring configurations, control valves, PLCs, computers, electrical schematics, control circuits, and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Strong skills with AB PLC processors, including CompactLogix and ControlLogix, and input/output modules.
• Ability to understand and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams, P&IDs, and manufacturer's installation manuals.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CMMS.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to work on-call as required and travel up to 50% of the time if not site-based.
• Preferred experience in a food production facility, IT networking, proficiency in eMaint, experience with Studio5000 or Logix5000 platform hardware and software, FactoryTalk ME & SE, Ethernet/IP Control Network, and knowledge of other non-A&B control systems.
• Ability to stand for 9+ hours of your shift.
• Ability to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lb. on occasion.
• Ability to work comfortably and safely at heightened platforms.
• Ability to run cleaning equipment and be comfortable working with cleaning supplies.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency. Check out our website (www.puris.com) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.