Kansas City, MO • Collections and Public Services
The Reference Assistant is responsible for daily ready reference service at the Reference Desk, providing the initial point of contact and excellent service to all Library patrons.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Staff and assist patrons at the Reference Desk by greeting and registering visitors and answering directional and general reference questions. Respond to patron phone calls and email inquiries.
- Consult with and refer in-depth reference questions to Reference and Research Librarians.
- Circulate and renew library materials, register new borrowers, and run routine patron notices. Assist in reviewing document delivery problem requests.
- Aid patrons in the use of public access computers, printers, and imaging equipment.
- Maintain appropriate statistics, files, and supplies.
- Contribute to Reference Department special projects as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working with the public.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Flexibility and the capacity to embrace change in a dynamic and evolving organization.
- Facility for cross-departmental communications and cooperation.
- Previous library experience, familiarity with Library of Congress classifications, knowledge of ExLibris library automation software, background in science and engineering, and familiarity with at least one foreign language are desirable.