Skybound is looking for a mid-level Gameplay Animator to work on the stars of our games- characters that evoke emotion and inspire players! Gameplay Animators will deliver personality, authenticity, and style that turns into responsive gameplay and memorable moments. The ideal candidate will be passionate about combat focused animation.
As a Gameplay Animator, you will animate stylized characters in pose driven animations while upholding our standards and pipelines. Every punch, kick, and impact you create will tell a story. You will work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure that your characters perform flawlessly, look amazing, and deliver raw emotion and impactful gameplay!
We are looking for someone energetic, resourceful and results driven.
Reports: This position will report to the Animation Director of Skybound Game Studios.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create gameplay, cinematics, and facial animations using keyframe animation.
- Animate characters, cameras, and props in both gameplay and cut scenes.
- Work closely with design and art to achieve clear, performant, and responsive animations that deliver every impact, reaction, and nuance to the player.
- Work with technical artists and engineers to ensure characters look as great in-game as on your desktop.
- Collaborate with other members of the animation team to create consistent work and share inspiration.
- Five or more years of experience as an animator for the games industry
- Portfolio of character animation work (keyframe)
- Strong keyframe skills with a focus on combat animation
- Ability to collaborate and work side by side with a team of designers, artists, and animators
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver
- Unreal Engine experience
- Experience with character combat animation and gameplay
- Proficient in the use of Maya
- Passion for video game development, combat oriented games, and Skybound IP
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $90,000 - $105,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees
- Compensation decisions are dependent on circumstances of each role
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.