Formulation Technician 1
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a privately-owned global leader in the manufacturing of generic drug products, over-the-counter (OTC) drug products, and medical devices. Nephron’s products are sterile, preservative, and additive free and proudly made in the United States! We are headquartered in West Columbia, South Carolina, with additional distribution centers in Kentucky and Arizona. [Our location provides the ability to develop new devices and medications including respiratory therapies, ophthalmics, and injectables, for in-house or contract manufacturing opportunities.] The facility utilizes completely automated manufacturing, packaging, and distribution systems, as well as high volume and redundant utility systems, to ensure production system availability. Nephron specializes in Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS) manufacturing, a niche technology that allows a container of medication to be formed, filled, and sealed in a continuous process in a sterile, enclosed environment and without human intervention.
As an industry leader in product safety and quality, Nephron produces a variety of inhalation solutions and has distributed over one billion doses of respiratory medication per year since 2009. Nephron is currently working on research and development projects that include over 50 new products. The company’s longstanding relationships with major drug wholesalers allow us to distribute our products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, hospitals, homecare companies, and long-term care facilities. Nephron has a sales force that covers all 50 states and Puerto Rico, with additional sales channels throughout South America, the Middle East, and Europe. Nephron exists to provide top-quality, affordable medications to everyone.
- Dispense and formulate raw materials and operate compounding equipment used in the formulation of a final sterile pharmaceutical product
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required
- Adherence to safety protocols and proper use of PPE
- Adherence to Good Documentation Practices and Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations
- Complete and maintain applicable training certifications
- Proper time management, including arriving on time, observing appropriate breaks – including lunches – as well as minimizing overtime unless authorized by management.
- Any deviation from the assigned schedule must be communicated to management, including call-outs
- Complete assigned tasks on production schedule in an efficient manner
- Complete dispensing, formulation, filter integrity testing, sample submission and all other supporting processes per applicable batch records, procedures, or forms
- Ability to properly enter cleanrooms, maintain gown certification requirements, and demonstrate proper cleanroom environment behavior – such as aseptic technique
- Operate and navigate software systems including but not limited to: LabVantage, PIMS, FactoryTalk, RMLA, and EBR
- Operate and navigate equipment such as balances, formulation tanks, filter integrity testing equipment, and pH meters
- Coordinate and communicate with team members and other necessary departments in order to complete production tasks
- Communicate shift activity as well as any obstacles, equipment issues, deviations, safety concerns or out of specifications to management and/or the appropriate personnel
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by management or senior leadership
NOTE: The primary accountabilities above and the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below, are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbents’ immediate supervisor or manager.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent with Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Expertise regarding handling and mixing of chemicals through education and/or experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, math skills, and knowledge of the metric system
- Ability and willingness to change direction and focus promptly to meet shifting organizational and business demands
- Ability to manage multiple resources in a cGMP environment to ensure documented information is accurate, legible, contemporaneous, original, and attributable
- Position requires bending, typing, climbing, lifting, reaching, vision, standing, sitting, walking, and hearing
- Technicians are required to wear appropriate PPE and interpret documentation containing safety guidance
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team in order to create and contribute to an environment that values people and encourages trust, teamwork, and open communication
- Ability to effectively manage oneself, demonstrate integrity, be productive under pressure, and achieve developmental goals
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members and superiors
Nephron is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, mental or physical disability of a qualified individual, veteran or military status, pregnancy, marital status, familial status, genetic information, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is a drug free workplace.