Pure Power is seeking an experienced senior engineer to design and generate construction documents for multi-megawatt solar PV & energy storage systems.
Hybrid WFH & Office weekly schedule based out of our Hoboken NJ, Denver CO, Kansas City MO, or Houston TX offices. Fully remote available for qualified candidates.
About Pure Power
Pure Power is an engineering firm specializing in designing big, challenging, and high-profile Solar PV systems. As a full-service engineering firm, we create the electrical and structural drawings and calculation packages for bidding, permits and construction, as well as supporting the lead up to the full engineering drawings, primarily interconnection support and electrical/structural feasibility studies.
Those that join the company have an opportunity to:
· Work in a fast growing, exciting, & innovative industry
· Have a career with purpose and impact on the environment
· Contribute to the best and largest firm in the solar industry with a great reputation built over the past 10 years
· Take pride in the fact that our services really are the best in the industry. There is no “fake it until you make it” here
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range (commensurate with experience):
- Mid-Level: $100,000-130,000 Annually
- Senior: $120,000-150,000 Annually
- Annual Bonus eligible
- Potential Signing Bonus
- Potential Relocation Bonus
- Fully Remote option available for qualified candidates
We pay 100% of our employee medical, dental, and vision benefits costs, offer 401k matching, commuter benefits and much more!
- Develop construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Develop specifications, collect data, and complete utility interconnection applications and building permit applications.
- Develop detailed equipment specifications.
- Coordinate activities between clients, utilities, permit agencies, contractors, and other engineering firms.
- Travel to project sites from time to time to gather site-specific data, as required.
- Site assessment and analysis both from on-site data collection and network tools.
- Contributing to or writing technical papers.
- Site specific production analysis of PV arrays using models such as PVsyst.
- Integrating energy storage systems into the solar PV system.
- Provide mentorship and training to new and junior engineering personnel.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 6+ years’ experience designing commercial & utility scale solar PV systems.
- BS in electrical engineering or other related discipline.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Proficiency with the Autocad, PVsyst, SKM, & Etap software
- Ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company.
- Experience in traditional building design with an MEP firm.
- Medium Voltage engineering experience.
- Experience designing energy storage systems
- Hands on experience installing, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting solar PV systems.
- NABCEP certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pure Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.