The Controller is responsible for the financial reporting and oversight of certain client private equity (PE) portfolios. Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer and may supervise a portion of the accounting team.
• Oversee the accounting scope, accuracy, and delivery of the accounting, financial statement and complex investment accounting on assigned portfolios, performs a higher-level risk-based review on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Coordinate expectations, assignments, and deliverables.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Portfolio and other investment center team members for all accounting related matters on assigned portfolio assets.
• Work with the Investor relations department to answer/provide information for current and prospective investors.
• Coordinate the preparation and timely completion of all audit reports and tax returns for complex multi-tier investments.
• Audit accounting deliverables, quarterly distributions and entity review.
• Analyze cash positions and ensure excess cash distributions are made timely in accordance with the respective Investment Management or Partnership Agreements.
• Establish, maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
• Participate and raise potential accounting concerns with department heads during the investment acquisition and disposition process.
• Works with compliance officer to establish consistent accounting standards are in place and revised as needed to meet needs of governing compliance authority.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting.
• Seven or more years of related work experience in an alternative investment firm, hedge fund, private equity, REIT and/or partnership accounting background required
• CPA ideal, BIG 4 preferred
• Strong understanding of GAAP, SEC, IRS and FINRA regulations as it relates to accounting
• Experience with consolidating multiple entities, mergers, and acquisitions.
• Experience with QuickBooks is required, Advanced Excel and fund accounting software.
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills, self-motivated, organized and flexible.
Rewards and Benefits:
About Virtua Partners:
Virtua Partners is a global real estate services and private equity firm. We sponsor a variety of investment funds and commercial real estate projects across the United States. We are comprised of (9) nine operating subsidiaries; each has a specialized focus in the real estate services space. We focus on key areas such as land entitlement, development, acquisition, debt restructuring, structured finance, property management, hotel management, asset management, capital raising and fund management.
At Virtua Partners, we foster a highly competitive environment where personal growth, mutual respect, a consistent feedback loop and flawless execution are the cornerstones of our culture.