Are you looking for an opportunity that balances your fundraising, client service, project management, and analytical skills with your passion to make difference in the world? Do you want to use your experience in direct response fundraising to help environmental, social justice and cultural arts organizations connect with people who care about progressive causes?
As a Program Manager with Avalon Consulting Group – a full-service fundraising consulting agency – you’ll support remarkable organizations in achieving their financial goals through direct marketing and digital fundraising campaigns. This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to galvanize your skills in managing direct marketing fundraising campaigns including strategy, creative development, production management and analysis, all while collaborating with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals at one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces!
Avalon was founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. Today, we remain committed to equity and inclusion, and encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are pleased to offer a remote-first work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
What You’ll Do with Us:
- Collaborate with senior team members on program strategy, budgets, creative direction, and overall campaign development.
- Manage all aspects of direct mail, telemarketing, and e-fundraising campaigns, from copywriting and design to production and list management.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for your clients.
- Manage and update budgets, costs, and reports for fundraising projects.
- Analyze response data and write final campaign reports.
- Draft client reports and presentations.
What We Need
You will be a great fit for us if you possess at least three (3) years of direct response fundraising experience. You must be an expert in using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Additionally, you must have a proven ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
In addition, our most successful Program Managers demonstrate the following:
- A willingness to learn and knowing when to ask for help
- Strong detail management
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Comfortable being “behind the scenes” in driving donor support
- Creative thinking, resourcefulness, and intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional ability to work in teams and collaborate professionally with clients, partners, and peers
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion
- Enjoyment of fast-paced environments, and the ability to keep cool under pressure
- An ability to bring positivity and a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Why you will love Avalon Consulting…
Since 1997, Avalon has been committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the millions of dollars needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We’ve created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re remote-first, hiring the best fundraisers in the business, no matter where they work. We also love getting together for team and client meetings when necessary. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
As one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces, Avalon is proud of our unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, we are pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re excited to pursue, we would love to speak with you! For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume and a cover letter.
Avalon is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.