Foothills Regional Housing "FRH" is a prominent real estate developer, manager, and program administrator for affordable housing. Our Maintenance techs are engaged in operating and maintaining facilities and equipment of the FRH Portfolio by performing both routine and preventative maintenance. The qualified candidate is an energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment with staff and various contractors to maintain FRH housing.
- Performs preventative maintenance programs for the property, building, and unit components;
- Responds to and performs work as identified on work orders;
- Assist with special projects as directed by the portfolio management team or the Facilities Manager
- Helps in preparing for all inspections such as city, state, and HUD;
- Keeps each shop well organized and their inventory kept current;
- Follows appropriate MSDS sheets for all chemicals used on-site;
- Works on necessary non-routine maintenance repairs and property improvements;
- Follows Emergency Procedures Plan for the property;
- Receives written approval from Facilities Manager for any purchase exceeding the budget;
- Performs electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and general carpentry work following company standards;
- Recognizes the need for contracted labor for work beyond skill level and reports to the Manager of Facilities for assistance;
- Maintains and updates parts and supplies inventory in an orderly fashion as prescribed by company policies and procedures;
- Understand Chemical Safety Instructions and the Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS);
- Ensures that all chemicals received and in-stock have instructions and MSDS sheets;
- Complies with all published company policies and procedures established for both FRH and the property;
- Interacts with residents and coworkers courteously and professionally;
- Inspects premises for unsafe conditions and takes corrective actions accordingly;
- Keeps communities clean, safe, and sanitary and meet all quality standards established; Maintains excellent curb appeal, immaculate grounds, and clean, neat amenities;
- Assists in snow shoveling, plowing, de-icing, and removal as warranted;
- Participates in and schedules after-hours on-call maintenance service; and
- Travel as deemed necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understands how to follow project budgets
- Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and duties associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
- Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops adequate work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Promotes mutual respect, keeps the workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret English documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of order processing systems and Internet software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED, or one-year certificate from college or technical school. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years of on-site multifamily maintenance experience preferred
- HVAC certification, designations from the AAMD, or other Certifications are desirable.
- A valid driver's license and auto insurance is required.
- Criminal background checks are required.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required.
$20 to $22 / hourly