Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is currently seeking a Medical Secretary for our Bradenton, Florida location at Blake Medical Center. The Medical Secretary responsibilities range from greeting patients and visitors to answering calls, maintaining medical records, and billing. Additional administrative duties to include surgery scheduling, entering patient demographics and other medical office tasks, as needed. Candidates must have Medical Office experience with knowledge of insurance and medical terminology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare billing batches
- Match super bills to daily schedule scan list in the system and file
- Access and print medical record/clinicals from hospital system (Meditech)
- Maintain direct communication with all physicians and mid-levels
- Obtain rounding and other billing information from physicians and mid-levels
- Enter all new patients in the system (Intergy/Azalea)
- Call and verify insurance information
- Maintain accurate patient information in the system
- Scan all information in patient electronic chart (HIPAA forms, proof of Insurance and any other information pertaining to the patient
- Scan billing packets in a timely manner and send to the billing supervisor
- Maintain email/verbal communication with billing supervisor in corporate office
- Maintain email/verbal communication with collection department in corporate office
- Answer phones and handle and screen calls accordingly
- Greet patients
- Maintain direct contact with hospital facility and provide them with information if needed
- Serve as back up to office manager when needed
- Assist with surgery scheduling
- Cross-train for providing back up as needed
- Participate in educational sessions specific to corporate needs or job duties – locally or remotely, as needed.
- Provide training to other employees – locally or remotely, as needed.
High School Diploma/GED required
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of administrative processes in a medical office
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology
- Ability to work well with physicians and co-workers.
- Ability to remain optimistic and to effectively deal with stressful situations.
- Creative, well-organized and eager to work in a rapidly changing company.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Abides by all company policies and procedures.
- Bilingual - fluently read, write and speak English and Spanish
We offer Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401(k)/Vacation and Holidays.
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.