Salary range: $44-55 per hour
A NOTE ABOUT SALARY RANGES: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche technical needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
The CubeFabs Project Management Specialist at Nanotronics will work on a highly novel construction-related Special Project, defined by a Product Development cycle comprised of many component projects, with deployment sites across the globe.
All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined in the U.S. export control laws and regulations to include: U.S. citizen, national, lawful permanent resident or individual admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience, including working knowledge of construction administration and experience leading project delivery from start to completion. Experience should include direct involvement in project definition, schedule, budget, and documentation management and should be related to capital project management, facility management, construction supervision, engineering, architecture, or other construction activities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience; major course work or experience in planning, public or business administration, real estate development, architecture, engineering, construction management, information technology, or a related field strongly preferred
- Very strong project documentation, planning, scheduling and cost reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly at all levels from owners and executives to design team members, contractors and vendors
- Professional experience with both data asset and project management software
- Working understanding of but not beholden to Lean, Agile, and Integrated Project Delivery principles
- Understand and apply engineering, architectural, procurement and construction terminology, concepts, and inter-relationships of these disciplines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks with minimal oversight
- Skilled at planning, executing, delegating, and tracking tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Capacity to think openly and iteratively in a fast-paced, creative workplace
- Understanding and adherence to PMBOK values
- Assist in the management of the Special Project in particular, and of Nanotronics capital projects across all stages, with the implementation of effective project management strategies and methods across multiple projects within the wider program
- Support Program Manager to:
- initiate, monitor and maintain project schedules and work plans, including scheduling meetings and presentations
- schedule and lead internal team weekly project meetings; develop the meeting agenda and project status updates; log meeting minutes and memoranda
- initiate, monitor and maintain project plan and financial performance of projects
- prepare, issue, and manage internal control procedures and compliance plans to align project goals including budget, deliverables, and schedule
- Regularly report status of cost, schedule, technical and management challenges to supervisor and internal team; identify and problem-solve for critical-path issues
- Keep project stakeholders fully informed about all critical issues related to the project on a regular basis, according to plan
- Manage project-related documentation
- Set up tracking system and maintain change directives and change order logs
- Contribute to the development of standards, policies, and procedures
- Participate actively in project design and technical discussions and decision making
- Assist in coordinating programming, design, review, and construction/implementation activities
- Organize and update project information, imagery, and firm information databases on a regular basis
- Must be able to thoroughly self-check your work product before presenting
- Must have the confidence and instinct to raise the red flag when needed on all critical issues having potential for negative ramifications and outcomes for projects
- Keep meticulous records and notes
- Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and particularly Excel
- Adobe Suite
- Construction-oriented project scheduling programs such as MS Project, P6 Primavera Scheduling, Salesforce, Smartsheets
- Experience with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, ProCore, a plus
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including free dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance for you
- 401(k) match
- Bright Horizons child/elder care benefits
- Employer HSA contribution
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume and work sample. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you will be invited to participate in a phone interview, potentially followed by interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale factory control solutions. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Why We Work In The Office
Our culture is built on innovation, quality and collaboration. We believe that working together and among other departments in person supports a sense of community, connection and belonging. So much of our communication as individuals is nonverbal—easier to discern and appreciate when we’re physically together. This synchrony not only gives us the power to innovate, but it helps us foster empathy, learning, and engagement. We want you to be a part of impromptu ideas dreamed and decisions made as people cross paths; to be in the right place at the right time to contribute your perspective; to look around and take pride in the diverse group of people with whom you work; to be seen by others when you’re recognized for a job well-done; and to look around, see things and help us build the best products and workplace we can. Our fast-paced environment pivots quickly, and we don’t want you to miss a thing.
You’ll Make a Great Nanotron If
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
Visit our press page to learn more.
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Nanotronics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.