The Account Director reports directly to the Executive Director of Client Services and is dedicated to leading all aspects of an account within the agency. The position is a highly visible and strategic role, and as the Account Director, you’ll be responsible for the overall leadership of specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic plans, overseeing the execution of those plans and program elements, financial management, and managing/mentoring employees.
The Account Director should possess a deep understanding and thorough knowledge of the following responsibilities:
- Drive long-term account planning, growth, and success. Oversee the development and execution of all project plans, in addition to the management of timelines and budgets in a way that makes our agency successful and profitable.
- Play an integral role in driving organic business growth with existing clients by identifying their challenges and opportunities, and developing and selling in solutions.
- Add value to the client’s business, become an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team by interacting with senior-level clients, attending relevant meetings and conferences, writing/delivering key presentations, bringing relevant trends forward, and shaping perspectives related to our clients’ business success.
- Collaborate and partner with creative teams, strategists, and project managers to lead our team to greatness with thinking and creative work that always exceeds client expectations and continually raises our own bar.
- Lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account with those of our internal goals and teams.
- Lead the onboarding efforts with new clients including initial discovery and strategy development support in addition to partnering with project management on establishing successful processes and procedures for the ongoing relationship. Ensure the client fully understands and supports all agency processes and set appropriate expectations.
- Be accountable for the financial contributions of our clients’ businesses, including revenue, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development, and partner with project management on effective resource allocation and invoicing.
- Above all, be passionate about being there for our clients!
- Assist in the new business process by participating in pitches and RFP responses, develop positive initial relationships with prospects, in addition to writing case studies and securing appropriate assets for use by the Business Development team.