Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high-net-worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries. We offer a broad range of products in the fixed income space and focus on large capital income-oriented strategies in the equity space.
Our Data Analyst works with our research team to facilitate the automation of performance reporting and DDQ and other internal processes in a way that will ensure accuracy and timeliness. Our Data Analyst works with various teams to gather, update, interrupt and automate various analytical tools from a variety of sources across the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting members of various teams in the gathering, updating and automating of various analytical tools from a variety of sources used in aiding in the analysis of the real estate and fixed income markets.
- This role is also responsible for facilitating the automation of the performance reporting and DDQ processes in a way that will ensure both accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for providing the data and analysis necessary for new product development, existing product performance and asset allocation studies.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
· Master’s or PhD in Finance, Mathematics, or Computer Science from a respected university
· 2-5 years of experience and knowledge in the field of quantitative research and the specialized area of financial engineering, data science, or risk analytics as it relates to the securities industry.
· Strong background in machine learning, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistics, or probability, as well as experience in building predictive analytics on noisy data.
· Knowledge of financial engineering to analyze portfolio covering a wide range of financial instruments, including equities, fixed income, currencies, derivatives etc.
· Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
· Strong interest in investment management and long-term strategic investing
· Boyd Watterson offers a highly competitive total compensation package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Life Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) plus match, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays. [JT1] [KS2]