Founded in 2018, Bakkt builds technology that connects commerce.
Our vision is to connect the digital economy by offering one ecosystem for cryptocurrency and digital assets, loyalty, and commerce. We enable our partners and clients to deliver new opportunities to their customers through SaaS and API solutions that unlock crypto and drive loyalty, powering engagement and performance.
Come build with us.
- Consume and distribute high frequency market data feeds
- Research the blockchain technicals that underpin new assets & networks and discover ways to integrate them into Bakkt stack.
- Work cross functionally with our product, project, development, and ops teams.
- Intimately understand and innovate in our blended infrastructure systems where traditional finance and blockchain assets intersect.
- Implement or use 3rd-party libraries for asset signing and transaction creation.
- Improve the testability, quality, & automation of our applications.
- Work with 3rd-party staking providers to implement staking functionality for relevant assets.
- Key contributor to the overall application architecture and direction of platform
- Plan and decompose high-level features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Analyze the development processes and procedures to determine areas for improvement
- Coach, mentor, and motivate software engineers in a high-performance software development organization
- 8+ years of deep, hands-on experience, building custom application platforms from design to production, preferably in the trading or finance industry
- Proficiency with Java, Go, or other strongly typed languages
- Demonstrated experience in designing scalable, tested, abstract systems. Passionate about single responsibility & separation of concerns.
- Proficiency with Postgres databases or equivalent
- Proficiency with cloud infrastructure
- Basic understanding of cryptographic primitives like hashing, macs, PK-crypto, and signing.
- Passionate about crypto and bridging the gap from traditional finance to blockchain
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies, especially Docker and Kubernetes
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.