Do you want to grow your career in An American Classical Education, helping students to live responsible, courageous and virtuous lives? Ascent Classical Academies seeks a teacher for Upper School math classes including pre-calculus, Euclidean geometry, algebra II and potentially other mathematics at its Northern Colorado campus in Windsor, Colorado.
Through mathematics, the teacher guides learners to confront the abstract and engage in the uniquely human capacity for purely rational thought. Logic and reason in every discipline owe their structure to mathematical principles. In helping students discover these principles, the young mind is shaped into a powerful tool of reason. Robust training in mathematics prepares students to test possible truths against established principles, and even discover new truths by building on the work of those who have come before.
At Ascent Classical Academies, teachers create their own lessons within the framework set by our content-rich curriculum, in collaboration with colleagues and in partnership with Hillsdale College's Barney Charter School Initiative. Ascent Classical Academies are dedicated to the intellectual and moral betterment of our students and encourage teachers to take their own moral and intellectual improvement seriously as part of a supportive and excellence-driven culture.
Desired Start Date: August 1, 2023
Compensation Range and Particulars: $43,000 to $55,000 annually, highly dependent on class load, experience, and qualifications. Because they desire to continuously improve and hone their craft, teachers are paid a monthly salary year round, with more flexibility for time off during school breaks and in the summer, while making development goals a priority.
Schedule and Classification: Exempt, Full-time
- Competitive compensation package including performance pay and stipends available
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off for a wide array of health reasons for employees and dependents, consistent with the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare guidance
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of on-site training
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies partners with a network of classical charter schools based in Colorado delivering a content-rich curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, with underlying principles in the Western tradition of the study of history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts. Our American Classical Education includes, among other things, the study of Latin; a rich examination of American literary, moral, philosophical, political, and historical tradition; and a school culture centered upon moral virtue, respect, discipline, and studiousness among students and faculty alike. Ascent Classical Academy charter schools currently serve approximately 1,700 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond.
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in the subject matter, demonstrate high moral character and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. The successful candidate will also foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and mentor students in the pursuit of their own flourishing.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in math or relevant field preferred, or at least 36 credit hours in the subject area of instruction (alternatively, a passing grade in a content exam)
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies
A teacher's license is neither required nor preferred.