Accounts Receivable Assistant
Howard Lake, MN • Accounting
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for assisting in the accounts receivable/credit process by processing of customer credit applications, payments, cash receipts, billings, credits, maintains sales tax and customer contacts data and collection of all assigned receivables.
Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with customers and Dura Supreme's sales reps in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Verify the accuracy, invoice and apply/distribute approved credits entered into the system per company guidelines.
- Prepares and distributes customer invoices including review of exception reports to determine invoice accuracy and review of freight calculations.
- Processes customer payments including receipt of payments, preparing bank deposits, creating file copies of payments received, and application of payments received against specific invoices into Accounting program.
- Researches payment discrepancies.
- Calculates commission adjustments.
- Processes Sales Agreement rebates
- Processes new account credit applications.
- Cross-trains into other Accounting areas and serves as back-up to other positions as needed.
- Front Desk Receptionist duties, as assigned
Educational and Experience Requirements
- High School education and up to twelve months related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post Secondary education specializing in Accounting is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism with customers when handling sensitive financial issues and potentially volatile situations.
- Able to use spreadsheets and word processing programs
- Accounting and Credit practices
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Math Aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Communication
- Able to multi-task and prioritize daily work tasks