Director of Customer Success
External customers, Sales, Customer Success, Support, and Product teams
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle seller of every type and size.
The Impel Manager of Implementation is responsible for the success in onboarding our clients. You will manage a team of Implementation Specialists to drive continuous process improvements while ensuring a deep understanding of all Impel product offerings to increase customer adoption and reduce churn. This role will require constant communication with the team and all stakeholders to set priorities, ensure that project milestones expectations are met, and determine team member expectations across departments as well as communicate directly with leadership teams to provide progress updates.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Lead and develop a team of Implementation Specialists to achieve results and professional growth
- Continuously improve our launch process and identify workflow enhancements that will make onboarding more efficient, faster and improve Customer Satisfaction and NPS performance
- Effectively partner with Sales, Customer Success, Support, Marketing, Product, and Finance teams to drive an effective launch process
- Recognize areas of churn risk and act urgently to mitigate
- Manage client escalations and monitor to ensure the client stays engaged
- Inspire and unify the team around providing best-in-class implementation for our customers
- Leverage Gainsight, Salesforce & GuideCX to create smooth processes and efficiencies for the IS team.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders
- Assign implementation tasks based on team members' individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Understanding business goals and connecting them with the prioritization of incoming implementation projects
- Ensure smooth hand-off experiences for our customers and teams pre and post launch
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in sales, customer support, or customer success.
- Ability to hold others accountable for deliverables against tight timelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a customer-first mindset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- The ideal candidate is an extremely motivated, self-starter eager to always learn and improve
- Experience working effectively in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the SaaS Implementation or automotive industry preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce, Gainsight GuideCX a plus