US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA IS REQUIRED
Manufacturing Process Engineer:
Optikos is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer, to join our optical systems manufacturing group. You will support Optikos standard product builds and a wide range of design projects—from medical diagnostics to defense system testing to virtual reality applications, to name just a few.
- Support the Manufacturing Team: provide technical expertise, evaluate and solve production problems, lead training activities, etc
- Collaborate with manufacturing and engineering to implement product and process improvements
- Collaborate with engineering to design and perform Verification and Validation on production lines
- Work with R&D to transition products from engineering to production
- Assist manufacturing and engineering with prototype builds
- Learn from us and share your experiences
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a ISO:13485 manufacturing environment building complex mechanical, opto-mechanical, or electro-mechanical devices
- Involvement in transitioning a product from engineering prototype to production, which at a minimum includes:
- Determining efficient assembly processes
- Designing and building assembly and test fixtures
-Assembly documentation (work instructions, schematics, etc.)
-Process and product verification and validation
- Desired experience in some or all of the following areas with the associated equipment:
-Precision mechanisms, in some cases with automated motion
-Electrical troubleshooting with a multimeter or oscilloscope
-Optical alignments using an autocollimator, alignment telescope, microscope, or other optical instrument
-Lens assembly, in some cases using an air bearing centering station
- Understanding of GD&T on mechanical and optical drawings
- Experience reading wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Experienced user of SolidWorks or similar CAD software
- Experience with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment within a diverse group
About Optikos Corporation:
For the last 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design, including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems, in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to email@example.com
This in-office position is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts facility. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.