Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) delivers proven locking solutions that protect people and assets to the government, financial institutions and communities around the world. A trusted Global brand, Sargent & Greenleaf leads the industry in providing businesses solutions to customers who require quality and reliable high-security locking systems.
Our unique portfolio of locks and locking systems serves a wide range of our customers’ security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
This role leads the Supply Chain functions for S&G’s Nicholasville, KY, manufacturing plant. This includes production planning, scheduling, logistics, sourcing and purchasing. This person selects, leads and develops supply chain team members and helps them perform at our high level.
This role is also a key partner in the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process. He or She uses deep analytics to understand how to best align manufacturing and our suppliers to meet customer sales expectations.
· Responsible for managing a broad, highly mixed and/or technical category of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies, which will involve maintaining inventory levels at an appropriate level to achieve service and inventory targets. May involve contract negotiations, material deviation, and other complex considerations.
· Manages the Processes and Resources (Internal and External) required to Produce and Deliver the Finished Products.
· Optimizes the Supply Chain through Supplier Evaluations. Maintains relationships with Suppliers, Contractors, Customs Agents, and Transportation Companies ensuring their Compliance to the Organizations Policies, Guidelines and Requirements.
· Responsible for the following areas: Purchasing, Production and Inventory Control, Warehousing (Raw Material and Finished Goods) and Shipping Operations including the required Official Customs Procedures on both sides and for SECOFI.
· Responsible for Product Billing involved in Shipping and Export procedures.
· Leads Material Cost Reduction Initiatives.
· Assures the Implementation of every applicable Control to maintain the Integrity of the Inventory Control System. Shares Responsibility with Accounting to validate the Company's Information System regarding Accounts Payable, Inventories, Cost Accounting, etc.
· Optimizes the Performance Indicators of the Materials Area such as Inventory Turnover, Customer Service, On Time Deliveries, etc.
· Validates and Authorizes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Production and Materials Control Function.
· Responsible for Selecting, Training, Motivating and Developing his/her Staff as well as acting as a Facilitator. Responsible for Managing Subordinate's Performance.
· Promotes Safety and Environmental goals.
· Develops supplier improvement projects and achieves cost reduction targets and quality improvements.
· Build sourcing project pipeline by reviewing expiring contracts, tracking, and analyzing supplier spend, and presenting recommendations to Supply Chain leadership.
· Proactively challenges current processes and status quo to create a culture of continuous improvement.
· Communicate issues with material availability to the manufacturing, sales and customer service.
· Supports the SIOP process to ensure alignment between sales needs and product availability. Ensures efficient planning of new product promotions, new product introductions and product deletions.
· Manage supply base to include renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions.
· Drive for best practices within the Supply Chain to improve TCO
· Maintain Quarterly Supplier Scorecard for Key Suppliers using standards of performance (KPI’s). Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with the Suppliers to go over the results
· Administers and directs orders on a timely and economical basis with the best combination of price, quality, and delivery
· Processes purchase requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order revisions, and requests for quotes to suppliers. Maintains system data accuracy.
· Maintains accurate inventory levels for all assigned parts and categories while driving towards optimal levels to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
· Ability to “Think like the customer and deliver” is required.
· Develop collaborative relationships with Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing and Customers to improve service levels while lowering days-on-hand and meeting customer satisfaction. Being a great Team player is a must.
· Ability to independently troubleshoot issues/concerns, generate solutions and recommend a course of action that solves the underlying issue/concern.
· Ability to negotiate/ write effective commercial contracts for Purchase parts and/or service agreements
· Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency for critical items.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to plan effectively to meet required inventory targets.
· Ability to train others in the use of Inventory Optimization processes and tools.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and present to senior management through reports and presentations, simple and clear verbal, and written communication.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Power BI is beneficial.
· Must have a high level of independent judgment and analytical and leadership skills.
· Experience with Oracle NetSuite is highly preferred.
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience supply chain, manufacturing preferred.
· Must have experience leading a team
· Must have prior experience with global or regional sourcing processes/decisions. Prior purchasing experience involving spend more than $20 million is beneficial.
· Experience sourcing from Asian suppliers strongly preferred.
· Must have demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems.
· Six Sigma certification or similar continuous improvement training/certification highly preferred
· APICS / ISM certification preferred (CPM, CPIM, CPP, CPSM)
S&G Vision & Values:
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.