Title: Pastor/Director - Student Ministries [Grade 6-8]
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Ministry Area: Next Generation
WESTWOOD’S PURPOSE AND VISION: We exist to honor God by enjoying Him through reaching people with the love of Jesus Christ.
We demonstrate God’s love in creative and compelling ways that lead people to know God, worship Him authentically, connect relationally, grow spiritually, and serve joyfully. We are a community with open hands, receiving from God all He wants to give, believing that He wants to give us a lot. And with open hands we give it away, believing we cannot out-give God.
MINISTRY AREA PURPOSE: The Next Generation Ministry exists to partner with parents to help children and students (birth through college) become followers of Jesus who help others follow Jesus.
ROLE: Lead, direct, and implement Westwood’s Middle School Ministry with 400+ students in grades 6-8 for consistency and overall growth.
• Serve as a Pastor/Director-at-large of Westwood Community Church participating in, but not limited to, teaching, officiating church ordinance and duties of a licensed Minister of the Gospel as approved in advance by the Sr. Pastor, staff meetings, retreats, and all church functions.
• Establish program direction and content to engage students, grades 6-8, in a committed walk of faith in Jesus Christ.
• Recruit, train and develop Student Ministry Volunteers in alignment with the Westwood Leadership Pathway.
• Assist in the development of the annual ministry plan through creation of objectives and budgets and oversee the responsible stewarding of those resources.
• Collaborate with Children’s Ministry to create and apply a Next Generation (Next Gen) strategy; forming a continuous and cross-linked whole that prepares the church’s next generation to follow Jesus.
• Support a multiplication model of ministry
• Plan and execute with volunteers camp, retreats, and missions trips.
• Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
• Align to and live out the Westwood Staff Values:
o We Live & Breathe Jesus
o We is Greater than Me
o We Are Developers
o We Bring Our Best
o We Are Always Improving
• Reports to Pastor-Student Ministries
• Oversees ministry area volunteers
• Works in close collaboration with other ministry areas and staff
• Interacts with congregation and outside constituents
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally
• Baccalaureate degree (required) and Seminary or Graduate degree appropriate for the role (required or pursuing).
• Minimum three years direct ministry leadership experience in a large-scale, multisite church platform.
• Ability to lead in large scale program design and implementation relevant to a student demographic.
• Ability to teach and preach the Word of God effectively.
• Ability to attract, equip, and mobilize volunteers for lay leadership and ministry team participation.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to relate to other Westwood staff and church attenders at large.
• Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
• Endorse and support Westwood’s Statement of Faith and traditional orthodox evangelical theology.
• Remain a member in good standing of Westwood Community Church.