The Software Developer is responsible for the design and development of new web-based and desktop-based solutions, migrations of existing applications to a web-based platform and providing support for the developing and maintaining of custom software supporting a manufacturing environment. The software developer will provide leadership in the design, development and maintenance of quality business systems. The software developer has a strong understanding Microsoft C#, .net framework and MS-SQL programming languages, routinely thinks outside the box to solve problems quickly and is customer service oriented. The Software developer will be responsible for software development and maintenance, software debugging, software documentation, software testing and application performance tuning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce efficient and elegant code base on requirements
- Test and deploy programs and applications
- Implement requirements by defining and analyzing system problems, designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Define and resolve application problems by working primarily with manufacturing, engineering, systems and production groups.
- Develop effective and concise documentation
- Monitors system performance
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Communicate key project data to team members and business to facilitate cohesion among teams.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software
- Collaborate with other application developers in the creation of programs
- 401(k) with Company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Voluntary benefits
- Employee discount
Educational and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or engineering and three (3) years related experience required; extensive direct experience will be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Experience in software development environment is preferred.
- Cyber security training is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to be succ
· Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Proficiency in popular coding languages including ASP.NET, visual basic and C#
· Proficiency in custom application development using one or more major platforms including, but not limited to: Visual Studio, Microsoft TFS, Azure DevOps and/or GitHub
· Software design, documentation, testing and maintenance
· Proficiency in developing SQL queries, functions and procedures
· Strong curiosity about business needs
· Highly motivated and team oriented
· Proven organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Able to work on projects with minimal supervision