DATE: September, 2020
POSITION TITLE: Security Guard
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
The role of the Security Guard is to handle interior and exterior security functions through manual observation and the use of security devices. The Security Guard will be responsible for using corporate protocol to greet facility guests, assigning proper visitor badges to each visitor, monitoring the interior and exterior of the facility, checking to make sure that certain doors are locked when they are supposed to be and reporting any suspicious activity to the local police department immediately.
• Welcoming visitors in the main lobby
• Keeping records of visitors in the building
• Answering phone calls after hours
• Checking the parameters of the building multiple times throughout their shift
• Observing any behavior that is against company policy
• Ensuring that the Call Center Team are safely escorted to their vehicles at the end of their shift.
• Contacting the local police if any unlawful acts are in progress
• Restricting and controlling access to areas that are for authorized personnel only
Day to Day Activities
• Checking in and out visitors
• Security surveillance of facilities
• Perform scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout the facility to check for any security breaches
• Escorting team members out to vehicles at end of shifts
• Recording daily events in the security log
Qualifications, Education & Experience
• Minimum of 2 years security guard, military and/or law enforcement experience
• Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred
• High school diploma or GED required
• Must be able to work weekends and nights
• Ability to work calmly and professionally under stressful situations
• Must possess strong group communications skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time and safely lift up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
Must be able to show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
Must be able to sit for up to 10 hours a day
Must be able to pull up to 35 lbs.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of team members in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Indrio Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other legally protected statuses under the law.