Full time- Exempt/Salary
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL proficiency preferred
TLC Diversity Statement
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
About Walden School:
Walden School is a nationally-recognized residential therapeutic and education program for deaf children and youth ages 8 to 22 who have often experienced significant adverse childhood events as well as language deprivation.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
The IT Desktop Technician installs software, supports initial set up of new and repurposed devices, troubleshoots problems and responds to questions with software applications, printers, mobile devices, telephones, faxes, copiers, WAPs and other IT hardware, as well as operating systems and issues regarding access to the network. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing implementation projects related to system-wide databases, subscription software, applications, and other IT-related needs.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to requests for technical support from end users. Must be able to prioritize all requests received by email, phone, ticketing system, etc.
- Manage user accounts via Active Directory, Azure and Google Cloud
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Manage PC setup and deployment using standard hardware, images and software
- Diagnose problems, guiding users to solutions and in many cases will require remote access troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Setup, test and configure new Chromebooks, peripheral equipment and software.
- Perform Chromebook hardware repairs, track and communicate repair status
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or information systems preferred. An Associate’s degree or continuing education in computer technology is necessary with additional experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred. Net+ certification preferred.
- 3+ years of IT Help Desk or desktop support experience in a mixed MAC/Windows PC environment preferred.
- Native, or near-native fluency in ASL.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies — Active Directory (user administration), MS Office and Google — as well as recent Windows and Mac operating systems.
- An understanding of all MAC technologies and Operating Systems.
- ? Familiarity with the full range of network hardware including MACs, Windows PCs, iOS devices, tablets/mobile devices, laptops (MAC and Windows), Chromebooks, iPads, printers.
- Must be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required to complete key IT projects that can only be done outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 45 pounds of materials/equipment, bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment on shelving, under desks, etc.