Founded in 2018, Bakkt builds technology that connects commerce.
Our vision is to connect the digital economy by offering one ecosystem for cryptocurrency and digital assets, loyalty, and commerce. We enable our partners and clients to deliver new opportunities to their customers through SaaS and API solutions that unlock crypto and drive loyalty, powering engagement and performance.
Come build with us.
We are seeking an Senior Lead Accountant who works well independently and as part of a team and can work under multiple deadlines while ensuring that work is completed on time and with a high level of accuracy. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve the problem or be comfortable seeking advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others. This role will have the ability to impact and make improvements to the current processes.
- Primary job functions will be routine accounting activities including the preparation of journal entries, posting of cash against outstanding receivables and payables, assist with inputting accounts payable, research and posting of complex intercompany transactions in a high volume, multi-partner, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environment.
- Review, research and maintain activity in ledger accounts and the related support for the production of financial statements, internal audit and review, and in preparation of the company's quarterly and year end financial audits.
- Perform account analysis and/or account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and timely identification of action items.
- Provide variance analysis related to the accounts maintained by the role as part of the monthly close process.
- Prepare information in support of our annual external audit, quarterly reviews and month end close, including preparation of schedules and organization of support on the finance drive.
- Maintain documents and other support as required for regulatory reporting and audits.
- Reconcile supplier based reporting and invoicing to system activity for payables entry.
- Special projects as needed and as capacity increases as primary responsibilities are mastered.
- BS/BA in Accounting or advanced degree
- 3-5 years of experience working directly with complex cash environments and other areas with high transaction volume
- Solid interpersonal skills in an environment whose emphasis is on teamwork, high-quality service, collaboration and process innovation
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines, independently and in a team environment and accept responsibility for assigned duties
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key accounting principles and possess the ability to effectively apply fundamental accounting concepts to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- NetSuite or other ERP experience
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.