The Property Manager Assistant (PMA) position is a non-exempt position that provides administrative support to the Property Managers of MIMCO. The PMA assists with day-to-day functions and operations of the Property Management Department in all aspects of the management of commercial retail properties and tenant relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide administrative support to Property Managers within the Property Management Department on a day-to-day basis;
- Assist Property Managers in maintaining tenant relations and ensuring tenant satisfaction on an on-going basis, including engaging in regular communication with tenants and follow-up on tenant complaints and service requests;
- Prepare commercial lease documents and correspondence to tenants;
- Perform data entry of lease documents and related information pertaining to lease administration;
- Use computer software tools and products provided by the company (i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Yardi Voyager) to track tenant contact information and maintain tenant lease information;
- Assist with tenant occupancy, including delivering and preparing commercial lease documents, as needed;
- Ensure that tenant files are properly maintained and kept in accordance with company policy and procedure;
- Perform basic accounting functions;
- Provide administrative support to other departments of MIMCO including, but not limited to, managing the phones at the front desk, and supporting the Leasing, Maintenance, Construction and Accounting Departments, on an as needed basis;
- Abide by all company policies and procedures;
- Perform any and all other duties and responsibilities as directed and assigned by management.
Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education or experience required (bachelor’s degree preferred);
Minimum of one (1) year of commercial real estate property management experience, or a minimum of one (1) year experience in a challenging service environment.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematic skills;
- Ability to succeed in a team environment;
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and personal career development;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines and job requirements;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred with the ability to read and communicate verbally and in written form in English.
- Ability to sit most of the time using office equipment and computers but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs in an office building
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay: The position of Property Manager Assistant is compensated on an hourly basis, at a rate determined by management of MIMCO, commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications.
In addition, MIMCO provides the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental insurance coverage
- Vision insurance coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan
- 401(k) matching
- Short- and long-term disability plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible spending accounts
MIMCO was founded in 1972 to provide real estate investment opportunities in El Paso, Texas. With over 45 years of experience in the real estate business, MIMCO's portfolio has grown to include approximately 325 properties in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
MIMCO's shopping centers range in size from 8,000 to 230,000 square feet and office/warehouse projects from 1,500 to 196,000 square feet. MIMCO currently has over 1,700 tenants, many of which have multiple MIMCO-managed locations. Because MIMCO only manages properties in which it has a vested interest, MIMCO takes great pride and extra care to ensure that its properties are well maintained and that its property management team is responsive to tenants’ needs. This strategy has been the key to MIMCO's success, as it keeps its tenants happy, which helps keep tenant retention high and oftentimes leads to opportunities to add new locations with existing tenants.
MIMCO continues to seek out new opportunities throughout Texas and the Southwest region and looks forward to working with clients on a potential acquisition or helping a future tenant find their next location to lease. Whether a future tenant is nationally recognized or just establishing their first business endeavor, MIMCO’s open and responsive approach makes deals happen. If the need is a commercial location, build-to-suit building, or pad site, MIMCO has it – and the right people to deliver it. If you feel you’re the right candidate for a position with MIMCO and the right fit to help MIMCO deliver this type of response to its tenants, make the right choice to apply today.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MIMCO is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or any other protected trait.
MIMCO has implemented measures according to CDC guidelines, including but not limited to: requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination, requiring face covering, hand sanitizing/washing, and maintaining social distance.