Santa Fe Recovery Center is searching for the right candidate who believes in our mission, vision, values, and inclusivity. The candidate should have a clear vision of why they want to work for us; are wanting to grow and learn, and have a desire to serve diverse populations and underserved communities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Non-Profit Grant Accountant - Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the organization including all grant accounting and reporting. The Non-Profit Grant Accountant - Senior Accountant will play a key role in the month-end close and reconciliation process and the annual audit process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all grant accounting including internal and external reporting, budgeting, and compliance in conjunction with the grant management team.
- Responsible for daily accounting according to generally accepted accounting principles including grant accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll accounting.
- Works closely with finance associates together with the Director of Finance to ensure a smooth workflow process.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for general ledger accounts.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance on the month-end close process ensuring monthly entries and accruals are complete and the books are closed on a timely basis.
- Performing other accounting duties as required or assigned.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum four years’ experience in general accounting including grant accounting.
- Experience working in non-profit/government-related environments.
- Strong Excel skills, detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little or no supervision to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with and implementing automated accounting systems and solutions.
- Experience integrating data from multiple systems.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- 4+ years of accounting experience with a focus on grant accounting.
- Experience using automated accounting systems.
- Healthcare and/or nonprofit experience.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and external stakeholders.
- In the case of a recovering person, he/she must have successfully maintained a two (2) year period of abstinence from alcohol and other drugs.
- Have or ability to obtain and maintain a State of New Mexico Criminal Records Clearance
- Must be over 21 years of age
SFRC pays for 90% for employee's premiums and 25% for their spouses and dependent children:
- 401K matching up to 4%
We require all employees to be vaccinated and boosted for COVID and yearly seasonal FLU