Come and join the Best Veterinary Hospital in Summerville as recently voted on by readers of the Summerville Journal Scene. From the moment clients walk into Brighton Animal Hospital, we want them to know that they have brought their pet to a safe place where they will be well taken care of. Our team is caring and compassionate, and they are committed to not only taking care of the pet's immediate needs, but to forging a long-lasting relationship with the client and their pet.
Veterinarian Technician Job Responsibilities:
· Provides animal care by determining animal requirements.
· Assists during operations.
· Feeds and cares for animals.
· Maintains supplies and equipment.
· Maintains records.
· Determines animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews.
· Completes laboratory tests and studies and diagnostic imaging.
· Takes vital signs and collects samples.
· Administers medications, drugs, and vaccines.
· Bandages and wraps wounds.
· Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
· Explains animal status to owners.
· Prepares surgery table instruments.
· Completes local/regional anesthesia.
· Places catheters.
· Maintains sterile conditions.
· Obtains and verifies medications.
· Cleans animal cages and equipment
· Maintains safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments, sanitizing operating areas, verifying shelf life of medications, and complying with legal regulations.
· Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
· Knowledge of animal behavior
· Animal husbandry
· Love of animals
· Documentation skills
· Analyzing information
· Clinical skills
· Use of medical technologies
· Attention to detail
· Verbal communication
· Technical understanding