Competitive Salary + bonus potential + great benefits package
Larson Financial Group is seeking a talented professional to hire for the position of Financial Planner at the Durham, NC location. This position will run meetings with current clients to service them and will not be required to prospect, cold call, or market.
This financial planner position at Larson, is the perfect fit for someone who enjoys working directly with clients to achieve their financial goals by servicing through diligent and detailed follow-up, meeting preparations, conducting client meetings, and managing client information files. The ideal candidate will be able to handle people and processes with ease, while welcoming challenges and opportunities. Demonstrating a passion to deliver superior service and building client relationships will add to success in this position.
In this client-facing role, you will use your industry knowledge to work with the Advisory team to contribute to an outstanding client experience. This position is a hybrid position, working onsite at the office near RTP (Research Triangle Park) with the option to work from home part of the week once trained.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and conducting client meetings
- Gathering data from clients for preparation of financial plan
- Running insurance illustrations, constructing financial plans
- Communicating investment advice based on recommendations of team
- Tracking next steps in the planning process for clients
- Providing outstanding service to reproduce top clients
- Entering and manipulating information into Contact Management System and Financial Planning software
- Implementing client “touches” to create concierge experience resulting in consistent referrals
- Performing follow up and processing new business; managing existing client relationships
- Managing and resolving client issues
- Ability to build rapport via phone, virtual meetings or in person with clients
- Professional, clear, and polite communication preference is required
- Ability to work with the Advisor and other support team members to accomplish a common goal
- Be able to conform to a changing environment and work at a quick pace, to achieve timely deadlines
- Serving as the primary contact for a designated group of clients. The client must be able to rely on the Financial Planner for every financial need, whether it is finding the right answer or having it ready for them
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in the Financial Planning field
- Series 7 and 66 licenses (or Series 7 + Series 65 + Series 63) preferred
- CFP a plus
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of insurance/financial services industry
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experience with financial planning software, the ability to learn and adapt to upgrades/changes as they occur on a regular basis
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Proficient data entry skills
- Flexible schedule for meetings and client events
- Ability to prioritize deliverables, track deliverable progress, and follow up on outstanding matters is required.
- Ability to manage time in an efficient, self-directed manner is required.
- Ability to be proactive and professionally assertive is required.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with strong attention to grammar, spelling, and overall professionalism is required.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including demonstrating positiveness in conduct, verbal, and written interactions is required.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by Advisors and FINRA is required.
Larson Financial Group offers a competitive salary, bonus programs, generous benefits package including health benefits (HSA medical paid at 100% for employee), paid time off, 401(k) retirement plan, company paid training, company events and much more.