VyncaCare is a fast-paced, fun and entrepreneurial environment. We are incredibly passionate about transforming end-of-life care. Our entire team has a strong commitment to caring for each other and those we serve. VyncaCare is a mission-driven organization with a team working together to improve the lives of individuals living with serious illness and their families. Our core values are: Take Action, Deliver Results, Be Persistent and Resolute, Embrace Diversity of People and Ideas, Deliver Amazing Partner Experiences, Do Something Good Today, "If It Is To Be, It's Up to Me".
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Care Management Specialist will work as part of a team to outreach, enroll, and complete the patient’s care plan with a focus on linking patients to quality care, attention to emotional and other psychosocial factors and facilitating access to outside programs. This position will serve as the connection for patients with their community providers.. In this role, you will work directly with patients to build a care plan and then support the patient in addressing the goals set out in the care plan through direct care and identification of community resources. The successful candidate will be personable and professional via phone, able to prioritize tasks effectively to support patient engagement, and motivated to grow the patient census in collaboration with other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct outreach calls to potential members to determine interest and log activity in the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Facilitate patient enrollment by verifying insurance eligibility and completing all necessary paperwork.
- Assist members in completing a care plan with goals of care
- Provide patient-centered assistance in support of the care plan via video and phone calls
- Identify community resources to support patients in achieving goals of care
- Correspond with outside providers and agency representatives as requested
- Request and obtain patient records as needed
- Maintain up to date patient health records in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and other business systems
- Complete monthly reporting to ensure program compliance
- Works at all times within the policies and guidelines of the company.
- Willingness to use video conferencing as frequently as appropriate.
- Ensures effective use of resources.
- Plays an active part in the development and maintenance of good relationships with all who have business with ResolutionCare.
- Respects at all times the confidentiality of information covering patients, staff, and volunteers, and is HIPAA compliant.
- Promotes the company’s philosophy of compassionate communication towards all patients, relatives, visitors, and coworkers.
- Licensed Bachelor Social Worker
Environmental Conditions and Physical Requirements
Successfully performs the essential duties and responsibilities of the position through the use of physical activities as described below:
- Regularly requires working at a computer for up to 2 - 4 hours at a time
- Regularly requires use of telephone
- Requires use of video-conferencing technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office and the internet