This is an unpaid, volunteer internship for individuals who have recently received their certification in Peer Support from a state approved program, and are looking to gain work experience in the behavioral health and recovery field.
This internship is for the Warm Line, a non-crisis peer support line in which individuals living in Southern Arizona may call and speak to a Peer Support Specialist.
Job Duties are as follows:
- Relates own recovery process in a positive and supportive manner through coaching, role modeling and mentoring in order to assist members in developing skills to achieve their goals.
- Provides caller with community resources in an effective manner.
- Actively listens to the members without offering advice.
- Provides information on service options at RBHA direct contracted agencies.
- Completes documentation for behavioral health record in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Communicates with the supervisor or other Warm Line staff regarding difficult calls.