Bierman is currently looking to add an IT Manager to our team!
The IT Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage and maintain all aspects of Bierman’s IT infrastructure including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, hardware, and software. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of network maintenance, experience as a manager, advanced industry knowledge and the capability to research and evaluate emerging technologies and software. The IT Manager will have an immediate impact on day-to day efficiency of our operations and a long-term impact on our overall growth.
· Manage and maintain all aspects of our IT infrastructure including networks, workstations, and software applications.
· Implement and monitor security protocols to safeguard company and client data in compliance with industry standards and regulations.
· Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network issues, ensuring minimal downtime and disruption to business operations.
· Track and maintain hardware and software inventory.
· Identify technology needs, develop IT budgets, prepare cost benefit analyses when upgrades are needed and implement new systems or upgrades.
· Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers, ensuring quality service delivery and cost-effective use of resources.
· Develop and implement IT policies and best practices, including disaster recovery plans and data backup procedures.
· Train employees to use software and hardware; troubleshoot issues and provide technical support when needed
· Develop and execute disaster planning and maintain data backups
· Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet business needs, using the full range of capabilities and stay informed about new features and competitor solutions.
· Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies, recommending strategic investments and process improvements as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology or Computer Science
· Minimum of five years of IT experience with three years in a leadership role
· Professional Certification
· Multi-site IT support experience required
· Experience working in a Mac and Chromebook dominant environment
· Deep knowledge of programming language and operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and systems performance monitoring
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for identifying areas of improvement and implementing effective solutions
· Ability to problem solve, work independently, provide technical and end user support
· Experience with healthcare IT systems and regulatory compliance (HIPAA, HITECH) is a plus.
· Ability to travel to new sites
Basic & Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to maintain prolonged periods of working on a computer while sitting at a desk
· Ability to lift 15lbs.
Exempt, Full Time (remote or hybrid)
Pay is competitive and based on candidate qualifications and experience. Full-time employees will be offered our comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, 401k, insurance (health, dental, and vision), and the option of Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
About Bierman Autism Centers
Our goal is to fuse science and learning to accelerate progress and transform lives. We were established in 2006 with a simple focus on providing excellent therapy for children with autism and building a unique and fun environment for team members and children to thrive. We live by the culture we’ve created and our core values: to create a fun and stimulating learning environment, empower individuals and treat them with kindness, integrity, and respect, never sit still, achieve, and continuously raise the bar, team above the individual, build a sustainable organization that leaves a meaningful impact on lives, and adhere to our core principles without