Payroll and HRIS Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA • People Experience
Burns Scalo Real Estate is seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our team. As a Payroll and HRIS Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee payroll, maintaining payroll records, and addressing any payroll-related inquiries or issues. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong numerical aptitude, analytical skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- Process payroll for a large number of employees accurately and on time, utilizing our payroll software. Calculate and process various types of compensation, including regular pay, overtime, bonuses, commissions, and benefits.
- Maintain employee payroll records, including time and attendance data, leave balances, PTO, total compensation reports, and deductions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
- Prepare and distribute payroll reports and statements to management and employees as needed.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll-related matters, including salary, deductions, and tax withholdings.
- Assist in year-end payroll activities, including W-2 preparation and reporting.
- Become subject matter expert of HRIS to maximize all modules for efficiencies and workflow automation.
- Monitor employee eligibility for benefits and initiate benefits enrollment process as needed.
- Verify applicant work status (I-9) through the E-Verify system and follow up on disputed results.
- Reconcile monthly benefit billings and ensure proper payment and accounting for same. Process, pay, and upload benefits invoices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (preferred) OR equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in payroll or in a similar role, with a solid understanding of payroll processing procedures. Paylocity a plus!
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (ADP, Paylocity, BambooHR, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of payroll regulations, tax laws, and best practices.
- Proficient in using payroll software and MS Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Practical knowledge of employee benefits including health & welfare and retirement plans.
BSRE is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.