At Burns Scalo Real Estate, we are seeking an experienced Pre-Construction Estimator to join our team. BSRE is a progressive, high-end commercial real estate firm, offering a flexible work environment that promotes a healthy work-life blend. Simply put, we create spaces people want to come to not just have to. When they do, they’re happier, more motivated, and more productive. What we do for our clients, we learned by doing for our people first. Trust us. You’ll feel it when you walk through the front door.
Put Your Expertise and Estimating Skills to Work
This position will lead pre-construction teams while developing pre-construction strategies and bids. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance our profitability and growth.
What Your Day Looks Like
- Calculate quantities and costs of construction items for estimating projects – proficiency in all trades, primarily in office construction.
- Create and send invitation to bid documents to appropriate subcontractors.
- Formulate detailed scope of work by trade for projects >$500k.
- Organize and lead bid walk through meetings with subcontractors. Effectively maintain relationships with subcontractors and clients.
- Estimate general conditions and overhead items for each project.
- Receive, organize, and qualify subcontractor bids received to ensure scope of work is completely covered before submitting the bid or presenting the owner budget.
What’s in Your Toolbox
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in estimating new base builds or commercial interior renovation, tenant improvement, and/or fit out projects.
- Experience estimating and/or bidding projects of $5M.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office and Project Scheduler, PlanGrid, and CAD.
What We Offer
BSRE combines numerous pay and benefits strategies to provide a comprehensive total rewards package. The package includes a discretionary annual performance merit increase, department and company bonus, comprehensive benefits & wellness programs, retirement plan plus 4% match, ten holidays, 10+ PTO days, 5 sick days, vehicle allowance, and more!