TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking a Grant Billing Specialist to assist the Operations department. The ideal candidate is a team player and is familiar with the non-profit grant/program funding process. This position will be responsible for conducting grant invoicing and monitoring grant transactions to ensure contract compliance.
- Obtain invoices and assign appropriate billing codes for correct reporting and payment.
- Prepare contract invoices, and backup documentation, monitor grant expenditures and work with program staff on maximizing grant use.
- Maintain reports for the grant billing process and prepare grant and contract invoices on a timely basis.
- Monitor budget modification timelines and assists in the preparation of budget modifications and submissions to funders as necessary
- Communicate with fiscal contacts at funding sources for information needed and problem resolution.
- Maintain balance sheet detail and reconciliations for grants receivable and grants revenue on an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of grant or insurance billing experience.
- Proficient in using MS Office (Excel).
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a detail-oriented problem solver.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adherence to deadlines while communicating and coordinating with Leadership and Vendors.
- Receptive to department changes and a fast learner.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.