Are you a copywriter who is looking to use your creative abilities to inspire, educate and help change the world? Would you like to write content that inspires stewardship of progressive causes like environmental conservation, social justice, and the cultural arts?
Avalon Consulting - an innovative, full-service fundraising consulting agency - is seeking a Fundraising & Marketing Copywriter to write fresh, inspiring creative content for our nonprofit clients' direct marketing fundraising programs as well as our internal marketing and business development efforts.
Avalon was founded over two decades ago to create a place for women to have a seat at the table in a male-dominated direct marketing industry. Today, we remain committed to equity and inclusion, and encourage people from all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, national origins, and more to apply.
We are pleased to offer a remote-first work environment and any staff member may work from the comfort and safety of their home office, with occasional travel required for client meetings, industry events/training, or company gatherings.
This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to collaborate with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals at one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces!
What You Will Do With us…
- Create and direct fundraising messaging and copy for direct marketing letters, newsletters, reply forms, surveys, brochures, inserts, and other materials as needed for client projects.
- Draft and version digital fundraising copy from existing direct mail copy for outbound emails, landing pages, and thank you auto-responders for e-campaigns.
- Draft fundraising copy for social media posts, web donation pages and lightboxes, and digital ads.
- Manage schedule and deadlines for all client and business development copy projects as assigned.
- Write and develop content for Avalon’s presence in the industry including public-facing materials, award submissions, conference session content, promotional materials, presentations, and industry articles.
- Support Avalon’s business development, proposal, and client cultivation efforts.
- Draft and edit content for Avalon’s website including case studies and content for SEO.
- Write content for Department promotions including one-pagers for various Avalon services.
- Draft additional content and provide miscellaneous marketing support as needed including weekly e-Newsletter, blogs, and social media content.
What We Need...
You will be a great fit for us if you possess three (3) years of experience writing nonprofit fundraising copy and/or B2B marketing copy. You must also have experience writing content that reflects varying tones of voice in copy and strong grammar, proofing and editing skills. Qualified candidates will also have proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite as well as collaboration tools such as Zoom and Monday.com, or similar platforms.
In addition, our most engaged and successful team members demonstrate the following:
- A willingness to learn and knowing when to ask for help.
- Strong detail management.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight.
- Creative thinking, resourcefulness, and intellectual curiosity.
- Exceptional ability to work in teams and collaborate professionally with clients, partners, and peers.
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion.
- Enjoyment of fast-paced environments, and the ability to keep cool under pressure.
- An ability to bring positivity and a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting...
Since 1997, Avalon has been committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the millions of dollars needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We’ve created a culture unlike any other agency. We’re remote-first, hiring the best fundraisers in the business, no matter where they work. We also love getting together for team and client meetings when necessary. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
As one of the Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces, Avalon is proud of our unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, we are pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
Avalon is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
If this sounds like an opportunity you’re excited to pursue, we would love to speak with you! For consideration, please apply using the provided link by submitting your resume, cover letter, and a professional writing sample.