Workhorse Group Inc. is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of all-electric, medium-duty work trucks for last-mile delivery. Workhorse trucks are built in the USA at the company's recently renovated Workhorse Ranch, a world-class 410,000 sq. ft. manufacturing complex in Union City, Indiana.
The Materials Planner will be responsible for the purchasing and tracking of the necessary materials for production and working with internal departments to meet deadlines as well as external sources to ensure on-time delivery.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Determining the required materials and generating schedules.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timeliness, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Raising inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Workhorse Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Workhorse Group Inc. will not provide immigration/work visa sponsorship for this position.