Who we are
Poppy seeks a storyteller with successful experience in strategic marketing for the role of Marketing Manager. Founded in 2014 and based in Asheville, North Carolina, Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn Inc is a leading gourmet popcorn company in the U.S. We sell direct-to-consumer and wholesale throughout the U.S. Poppy is the fastest-growing small to mid-sized CPG company in its category and boldly pursues ambitious goals that outperform the industry.
We believe in using only the best ingredients. We believe in spending way too much time thinking up flavor combinations and making way too many batches of popcorn to get those recipes just right. We believe in savory. And sweet. And we especially believe in savory and sweet. Simply, Poppy makes the best popcorn you will ever eat.
We are a people first organization and offer a professionally challenging and rewarding work environment. We are looking for innovative, creative, high energy, and talented professionals that have a passion for growing strong brands and products, thriving in an entrepreneurial environment, and building and leading fun, high-performing teams.
Poppy Handcrafted Popcorn is seeking an experienced marketing manager who can develop a premium brand marketing strategy to drive growth in revenue, increase brand awareness and ensure that our product lines resonate with current and potential customers. The successful candidate will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Digital marketing, email marketing, website management, SEO/SEM, social media
- Content to commerce
- Customer relationship management, consumer activations at point of purchase
- Earned and paid media, sponsorships, and events
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Closely monitor and manage Google Ads to maintain and increase online presence and sales
- Track Google Analytics, monitoring key metrics, and reporting with a monthly plan to implement any changes for continued growth in revenue
- Present innovative strategies towards continuous growth
- Develop and implement brand strategies and tactics, including brand. positioning, consumer and competitive targets, pricing and executional requirements to deliver performance goals
- Build a data-driven consumer insights and research capability to develop a deep understanding of consumer behavior and consumer purchase decision factors to inform, create and optimize marketing programs
- Develop a comprehensive engagement strategy that involves social, loyalty, and in-store experience and ultimately drives new customer and revenue growth at scale
- Develop and manage marketing KPI and performance reporting
- Engage consumer and strategic analytics teams to turn insights into top and bottom-line results
- Energize and motivate the marketing team around both near-term priorities and long-term strategies
- Grow, coach and develop the Marketing Team
- Ensures consistent brand image and messaging across all marketing touch points.
- Deliver impactful marketing to enhance brand equity, educate and engage stakeholders and to support our sales teams
- Ensure timely delivery of foundational brand assets, point of sale and marketing materials to support sales teams
Desired skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have significant experience in elevating brands to new levels in innovative growth environments. This leader will bring a proven track record of leadership and strategic growth across an integrated, consumer-centric brand management and marketing functions.
- A BA/BS in marketing preferred
- Minimum 5+ years marketing and brand strategy
- Multicultural marketing experience is highly desirable
- Experience in supporting a marketing team in winning marketing campaigns
- Ability to develop and implement marketing processes and infrastructure to support fast growth
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and demonstrated focus on team building
- Strong collaborative skills to work across departments
- Strong focus on profitability and brand growth
- Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize
- The successful candidate will be a very motivated self-starter and be able to work without daily guidance
Competitive salary with stock options and benefits package, which includes an annual performance bonus option. This is a full time, exempt position and does not offer a remote working model, although there is flexibility within the structure.
Characteristics & Core Competencies;
Key characteristics include the vision to see what is possible and the courage to push for change, all while having the skills to get the job done and the tenacity to stick with it until results are achieved. As such, the successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, bold, and assertive, driving smart and outcomes-based change.
- Demonstrate a high level of urgency in approach, constantly pushing themselves and others to achieve strategic outcomes for the organization.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to keep an open channel of communication with leadership and employees
- Have a warm and engaging, yet professional demeanor.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Enjoy developing and evolving processes and policies (vs simply executing those already in place).
- Ability to execute multiple projects at once.
Poppy is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We will not have access to your personal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission information during the interview process. Poppy is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.