Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing have come together to form one of the top 15 largest breweries in the United States, building on the strong legacies of our celebrated heritages. We brew badass beers on both coasts at our breweries in Escondido, CA and Richmond, VA, and create amazing experiences at our Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens and Taproom locations. We’ve enjoyed a rich history following our passion and are in search of people who are equally passionate about pursuing their craft to join the team.
The Senior Manager, Revenue Management is responsible for developing and leading pricing & margin strategies for all brands across the portfolio with the goal of driving long-term profitable growth. This position reports to the Vice President, Strategy in the Strategy department. Along with the Strategy team, this role will partner with the Chief Revenue Officer and VP, Marketing to set long-term revenue growth strategies and execute shorter-term optimization opportunities. This role leads a Sr. Analyst to support the operational and tactical elements of Revenue Management for the company. The Senior Manager, Revenue Management will also work cross-functionally with key team members on the Sales and Finance teams.
- Lead pricing strategies for all brands across the portfolio, managing diligence of wholesaler customers to best optimize price that flows to the consumer level
- Analyze current and historical results of pricing activity, price to wholesalers (PTW’s), price to retailers (PTR’s), and price to consumers (PTC’s), to identify actionable opportunities, develop ideas, and make recommendations for optimal financial performance
- Analyze market by market trends. Monitor and provide consolidated view of competitor pricing activities observed in the marketplace
- Create and maintain a comprehensive retail gross margin model to scenario-test pricing and trade spend decisions, and maintain a forecast of trade rate and gross margins
- Partner with Sales and Finance teams to determine optimal trade and promotional strategies to drive growth and return accretive ROI to the company
- Provides direction to Commercial team to ensure that promotional investment is properly allocated to prioritized customer
- Lead Revenue Management Reviews, including tracking of revenue and promotional effectiveness and deliver recommendations on an ongoing basis
- Drive change in company best methods and be a resource for strategic pricing and system process enhancements. Champion the on-boarding of new tools to support pricing visibility and analytics
- Partner with Sales & Marketing to develop customer sell-in stories when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline (e.g., mathematics, economics) that requires quantitative knowledge. Masters preferred but not required
- 7-10 years of business experience, at least 5 years within consumer pricing or revenue management in the consumer sector
- Alcoholic beverage industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of best-practice pricing strategy, pricing frameworks, and pricing tactics a plus
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing direct reports
- Advanced communication skills with ability to influence senior leaders and actively engage in cross-functional settings
- Strong analytical skills; must be able to perform detailed financial analyses as well as determine basic analyses required to support the teams in their pricing decisions (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint is required
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- Annual Salary Range: $120,000-$130,000
- Annual Bonus Plan: 10% of Annual Salary
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, 401K, and Bonuses for Eligible Team Members
- Company beer perks program and discounts
- Paid Time Off - including Vacation accrual, Sick Leave, and 12 paid Holidays
- Benefit programs supporting Financial Wellness, Health & Wellness and Career Development
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, various ability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Sapporo USA and Stone Brewing seeks to build a culturally diverse staff where differences are valued and respected. Women, minorities, individuals with various abilities, veterans, LGBTQ+ and intersectional individuals are encouraged to apply.