Collaborate with stakeholders to make sure finished designs meet the technical requirements to undergo production. Manage the process of developing a product or enhancing existing products to meet customer expectations effectively. Develop and foster relationships with Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management, Design, Product Development, Technical Design, Quality, Planning and Sales to maximize efficiencies, execution, profitability, and growth.
· Develop tech packs, technical flat sketches, basic measurements, design details and fabric and trims.
· Partner with Design, Production, and Marketing to create a consistent and accurate flow of product information.
· Measure and evaluate proto samples, fit samples and size set samples and graded patterns.
· Updates specs with reference to construction, color, or trim changes.
· Release tech packs and specs to Suppliers to initiate Product Development.
· Open packages from overseas and login all incoming samples, trims, lab dip and fabric qualities to maintain a tracking sheet for all development styles adhering to the Time & Action Calendar.
· Track, review, and comment on all fabric, color and trim submits for all Charles River Apparel products.
· Support Design with style sketches and line sheets.
· Review and Approve lab dips, shade bands and fabric qualities.
· Develop artwork for insert tags and trims and logo novelty trims to keep a consistent brand image.
· Maintain daily communication with suppliers involved in manufacturing products.
· Maintain daily communication with Customer Service to answer all consumer product questions.
· Support Production in “trouble shooting” and problem solving.
· Support preparation of test samples for all Wear Testing Trials for upcoming collection.
· Support the team in developing performance metrics, targets with monthly business reviews and reports.
· College degree in Apparel Design and/or Technical Design preferred.
· 2-4 years of experience working in a technical design role with some design experience.
· Computer Skills – Outlook, MS office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
· Strong pattern making and fabric knowledge necessary.
· Keen eye for color variations and knowledge on how to resolve color inconsistencies.
· Knowledge of garment testing standards and protocols.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to influence cross-functionally.
· A supportive team player.
· A personable and energetic communicator, eager to collaborate and build relationships.