The SR RF Engineer actively participates and works on existing oscillator products and technologies related to analog radio frequency and low phase-noise designs. The SR RF Engineer will also engage in the development of new technologies and products for the growth of the company. The engineer will be involved in identifying manufacturing problems and effect solutions for continuous product improvement, in collaboration with the manufacturing engineering lead. Furthermore, the SR RF Engineer will be considered a subject matter expert in RF and microwave circuits.
This is a broad-reaching role as a member of the SR RF Engineering staff. The SR RF Engineer will report to the Engineering Director.
- Design RF and low phase-noise circuits and assemblies.
- Test and debug of analog/RF building blocks such as amplifiers, detectors, mixers, couplers, and filters as well as layout and circuit designs.
- Identify opportunities to drive product improvements.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem analysis and debugging of RF circuits.
- Design, develop, and systematically document testing strategies using automated test procedures.
- Perform regular Engineering Change Order (ECO) document preparation and submission.
- Find suitable substitutions for end-of-life parts to revise and release drawings.
- Provide guidance to technicians as required.
- Provide root cause analysis for customer returns and implement corrective actions as required.
- Analyze measured data for potential product performance improvements.
- Implement electrical and design methods used to meet EMC/EMI requirements and IPC industry standards.
- Prepare technical presentations, publish papers, and assist proposal preparation.
- Mentor junior RF engineers
- Prioritize tasks in a multi-tasking environment
- Collaborate with other engineers and technicians, as a team player
Additional duties as assigned by the Engineering Director
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a technical field is required. Graduate degree with significant research in RF circuits (PLLs, oscillators, amplifiers, mixers, multipliers, detectors, couplers, filters) and integrated microwave assemblies is preferred.
10+ years of prior experience with RF and Microwave circuits.
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, and other productivity software.
Experience in Altium Design, Keysight Genesys, Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
Test: Familiarity with RF test equipment such as Signal or Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
Digital design skills: Experience in debug and analysis of digital logic is a plus.
Analog design skills: Expertise in linear electronic circuit designs.
Hardware: Experience in RF test and measurements. Soldering is a plus.
Good organizational, presentation and writing skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
Must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
Problem Solving/Analysis Decision Making Quality Focus Leadership
Communication Proficiency Technical Capacity Ownership Results Orientation
Collaboration/Teamwork Sense of Urgency Adaptability Organizational Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.